Our new Rug Care drop off center is cooking

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
We opened our 5th rug cleaning drop off center July 29th and it has so far proven to be good decision. The location is on a major east/west corridor rd (Hall Rd or M-59 for those familiar with Macomb County). It was a county where we didn't have the market share we wanted and customer after customer is telling us they're happy we are thei and they don't have to make the longer drive to one of other centers.

The last 7 days we took in 1049 rugs and the new location was #2 at 241 of those rugs. My wildest hopes were that it would be number 4, ahead of Ann Arbor only. For it to be #2 with no appreciable loss in volume to the others has made me start to think about where the next one should be and how fast we can do it. May wait till spring cause to open another would take at least 60 days with space locating, deal signing, build out etc., and by then it woulod be Novemebr and the season almost over.

Ken

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
The grand opening sale (which ends monday), has been advertised on 8 radio stations, 3 network tv stations, 3 daily newspapers, 4-5 specialty pubs, plus on our website and other places I prob can't remember. We did saturate a few of the really local free newspapers in the cities surrounding the new location as well, but the message and sale was systemwide.

We also have been featuring Coming Soon to Utica in all our print ads and on our website, since I signed the lease back in early June.

Ken

Chris A

Name
Chris
How much does your rug cleaning drop off in the wintertime?

flatso

Ken good to see it's going well.
we're in the process of setting up a rug cleaning plant in Sydney australia.I've been cleaning carpets for 30 yrs and never had any intention of getting into rugs butt sometimes things have a life off their own.We're eagerly awaiting the delivery of our Rug Beaver so as too do it properly.

Cheers Flatso

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Wow that's great!

Do you suppose these people were not cleaning their rugs as frequent due to the distance/hassle of getting them to you before?

Or do you feel you're grabbing market share?

When it takes off like that, it really validates the expansion. Awesome!!!

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
We drop off about 40% in the wintertime typically depending on how severe it is.

Richard we are finding about 80% are new customers so definitely market share gain and the balance are telling us they put it off cause we were so far, so we'll gain frequency with those :-)

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Ken,

If you and Brian had been running GM the US government would not own it today. The car industry's loss- our gain. Your posts and counsel are much appreciated in the internet world.

Island Boy
www.StrategiesForSuccess.com

PS Sounds to me you are right to wait till spring and get your ducks in a row plus pre-advertise your other new location(s). Of course, my guess is a solid renter in the Detroit area can pretty much dictate his terms and if a sweet deal drops into your lap between now and spring .... :)

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Richard we are finding about 80% are new customers so definitely market share gain and the balance are telling us they put it off cause we were so far, so we'll gain frequency with those :-)
Wow! It's a WIN-WIN for sure.

That's great lead work in scouting that location!

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Warren Wallace said:
Great to hear all going well
Which just "shows to go you" that all this "sky is falling" recession talk is just that- talk. If Ken Snow can keep a company with the overhead of Hagopians prospering in the middle of the worst hit area of the country does ANYONE have an excuse not to do the same today ... IF they exercise the same ingenuity and initiative that Ken is showing?

Something to think about.

Island Boy
http://www.StrategiesForSuccess.com

PS This is not to be a Pollyanna "all is well" type of person. There is no doubt the buying patterns of some of our target group of customers have changed- and maybe permanently. But notice how Ken adapted and kept moving cautiously forward. How how can you apply this principle of "cautious and considered adaptation" in your marketplace?

Bjorn

at kens size and budget he can just about under cut anyone in his market

wonder what Liza wagner would think of his pricing and cleaning rugs for the common folk

www.richgolfingcleaner.com

find out the true secrets to golf and happiness in life business and the afterlife

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Ken that’s a good problem to have but I don’t know that you’ll get too much sympathy here
“boo hoo we’re generating too much business” ..LOL :lol:

Like I said before you guys did the research and have it down to a science.

Back
Top Bottom