Oriental rug made in early 1900's

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
Have a museum client that has an oriental rug that was made in the early 1900's. Was just talking with her how they clean it. She said that they use a screen and vacuum it and takes 3 people around 2 hours to do this 9x12 rug. It is wool according to the tag. Was telling her that they could probably send it out and have someone clean it. How would you clean this rug? I am not going to clean it but was curious is all!

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
This type of rug should he cleaned by a company that truly specializes in fine oriental rug cleaning.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
There are a lot of variables in 'early 1900' but some really well-made rugs come from that era. Unless it had some tremendous construction concern or damage it can probably be washed normally.

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
glenboy said:
i would forward it to hagopain 8)

That is where I told them I would send it to!! shiteatinggrin So how would you clean this rug? How would a fine oriental rug cleaning company clean this. The client would like to know for curiosity sake and so would I for that matters!! 8)

Name
I'm Rick James
Like Brian said.. if there is no bleeding issues and its not falling apart I would just clean it like normal. I cleaned a rug a few months ago from "1911" they say with no issues. Its just wool, don't be intimidated by a rug if it passes the pre-qualification check.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
I posted over on ICS but it was regarding museum cleaning is this part of their collection or just a rug in the museum ?

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
rhyde said:
I posted over on ICS but it was regarding museum cleaning is this part of their collection or just a rug in the museum ?

it is part of their collection.

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
Doug,
Contact Captain Clean in Sheridan, Wy

Cindy uses the Auserehlian method and has cleaned many antique rugs.

She would do a great job and I trust her completely.

307-672-0726

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom