Optimal Setup

Name
Austin Willoughby
What is the general census on the optimal setup as far as size and tools go? I've personally found an extended van or 12 foot box truck to be the right size van. As far as machine goes one that can produce 500 to 600cfm is a good size to get 99 percent of jobs done efficiently. Also needs to maintain 220 degree or more Temps at 8 or more flow. What's some things yall can't live without? What's overkill of a setup? What's not enough? It's nice to know what's everyone's else's definition of a perfect setup. (In a perfect world that is)

Name
Austin Willoughby

Pretty sweet for sure. Did you say 6'6? Dang 😲 lol. Granted I'm like half your height so a standard height van seems alright, although I would like a mid roof. How's that van looking now origination wise and all? Honestly after having a 12 foot box and an extended van I'd feel like a didn't have enough space in a standard length.

Mikey P

Administrator
Pretty sweet for sure. Did you say 6'6? Dang 😲 lol. Granted I'm like half your height so a standard height van seems alright, although I would like a mid roof. How's that van looking now origination wise and all? Honestly after having a 12 foot box and an extended van I'd feel like a didn't have enough space in a standard length.
It's mostly used to haul around a TOPS machine.

I have looked inside in years..

This is mine..

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBJzx5y9zWY

Reactions: Austin Willoughby
Name
Austin Willoughby
Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
What is the general census on the optimal setup as far as size and tools go? I've personally found an extended van or 12 foot box truck to be the right size van. As far as machine goes one that can produce 500 to 600cfm is a good size to get 99 percent of jobs done efficiently. Also needs to maintain 220 degree or more Temps at 8 or more flow. What's some things yall can't live without? What's overkill of a setup? What's not enough? It's nice to know what's everyone's else's definition of a perfect setup. (In a perfect world that is)
It all depends on the type of work you're doing. In the city, I find myself using my less powerful Hydramaster 4.2 cds in my Astro Van rather than my Apex in my Savana van. It's powerful enough for an average house or townhouse and so much easier to park. Also, it's much quieter. I can fit a portable machine in it for condo's and actually fit into underground parking spaces. I love the Apex for the power and heat but the cds is the more practical van for my work.

Reactions: Austin Willoughby
Name
Austin Willoughby
It all depends on the type of work you're doing. In the city, I find myself using my less powerful Hydramaster 4.2 cds in my Astro Van rather than my Apex in my Savana van. It's powerful enough for an average house or townhouse and so much easier to park. Also, it's much quieter. I can fit a portable machine in it for condo's and actually fit into underground parking spaces. I love the Apex for the power and heat but the cds is the more practical van for my work.
Yea I actually was originally looking to get an astro van and put a small setup in it at one point being that I'm purely part time 1 maybe 2 days a week and most my work is residential 100 ft hose runs. I'm glad I got the bigger setup though for the occasion church job, I feel the smaller setups just wouldn't be efficient enough for that. I still want an astro size van with spotter portable and small truck mount for touch up and upholstery type work, maybe even for standard janitorial type jobs on occasion

Reactions: Cleanworks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom