Not a cat urine thread again

Luky

Name
Mario
No matter what methods of urine contamination treatment we use, the goal is to eliminate odor( especially from cat urine) and, if possible, stains. I believe that odor and stains can be handled at the beginning stages. If prospects find an excuse to wait until it is late, there is only one solution, dispose of the carpet and padding, carpet tacks, disinfect the subfloor, and start over. I've used flooding with the OSR, used USR, Un- duz-it, OS-1, and lately, Cat Attack that I acquired recently. I would like to hear how everyone else handles the urine " problem" solving. Based on my recent experience, I realize that customers can live with the discoloration of the carpet but not the odor part. I'm also using a spot lifter and water claw when needed and repeat rinsing, which makes a difference in modifying the annoying smell of cat urine.
Most of my customers( blessing or curse)have at least one pet, in extreme cases, four up to six (mixed dogs, -cats).
To spark your interest, here's a pic before using the Cat attack. What do you think? Was I able to get some of it off?

20230518_141109.jpg

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Cat attack is a odor modifier I don't think it works in stains.
No matter what methods of urine contamination treatment we use, the goal is to eliminate odor( especially from cat urine) and, if possible, stains. I believe that odor and stains can be handled at the beginning stages. If prospects find an excuse to wait until it is late, there is only one solution, dispose of the carpet and padding, carpet tacks, disinfect the subfloor, and start over. I've used flooding with the OSR, used USR, Un- duz-it, OS-1, and lately, Cat Attack that I acquired recently. I would like to hear how everyone else handles the urine " problem" solving. Based on my recent experience, I realize that customers can live with the discoloration of the carpet but not the odor part. I'm also using a spot lifter and water claw when needed and repeat rinsing, which makes a difference in modifying the annoying smell of cat urine.
Most of my customers( blessing or curse)have at least one pet, in extreme cases, four up to six (mixed dogs, -cats).
To spark your interest, here's a pic before using the Cat attack. What do you think? Was I able to get some of it off?

View attachment 122810
Original odor cide does a great job on masking smells so does saiger cide.

But yeah those cats will rise again and continue to smell

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
have found that a lot lately.. Because of the less expensive fibers being lately being pushed.
PETs Polys, etc.. not absorbent, so urine goes through the face , slides off of fibers , going directly into the backing. the salts may show up, but not much. but once you pull the carpet up lOOK OUT!

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I've been trying out Vacaways Odor Death lately. It's a cl02 product. Seems to work ok on rugs in the shop. Have yet to try it on anything really nasty. Don't usually get a lot of those jobs.

Reactions: Living The Dream

Luky

Name
Mario
I like to make small batches from this product rather than the 5gal bucket; I use 2.5-3 scoops mixed in scorching water, let it rise to 3/4 of the bucket, rush in the house, and pour it on the large stains. The foam is thick, with a lot of O2 power.
It makes the difference when pushed into the stain, and extraction is done with a spot lifter. The product rinses well, in my opinion. I like it slightly better than CTI's OSR

20230531_211521.jpg

Luky

Name
Mario

View attachment 122810
20230518_145456.jpg
As someone here mentioned, the smell of cat urine is persistent. In this case, the cleaning was long overdue.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Hit the spots with acidified sodium chlorite (add some weak acid to odor death or whatever), work it in with the a CRB. Wait 30 minutes and then put down a mild detergent and rinse with more acid.

Hit the spots with some enzyme before I leave.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I love threads like this.

So in my rug shop today I had to clean a rug given to me by the Shasta County Probation Department. Some parolee pulled down her pants in the lobby and pee'd all over . I soaked the rug overnight in Cat Attack and Quat EPA. It now smells like a summer's eve.

It cost more to clean the floor mat than it would for a replacement.

Reactions: Nate The Great

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom