Nor Cal Stone Class......

BUSY BEE

.....just got home from the Sacto CA Pro Line stone class. Anyone entering stone might want to consider this intermediate 2 day course. It was taught by Dan Humbert of Valley Stone Care, he's been in stone for over 25 years. Day 1 was 3/4 education and 1/4 hands on and switched around on the 2nd day. Polished a ceramic tile, epoxy filled travertine, repaired cracked marble, crystallized (pretty much just to show how it's done), sealed & buffed, honed with powders, monkey pads, resin diamonds (only starting at 220 & up), and powder polished. Picked up a free set of Monkey Pads with the class purchace, so I guess I'll try them out now, I still like my Diamonds more after watching. This class is nothing like some lameo IICRC sit & snooze. I picked up a few new tips and would recommend Dan's class to anyone starting out.
Have a good one, Bill

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
HTC makes the Twister pads which run roughly $35-$55, they're the same as Monkeys pads as i've been told by others. I haven't gotten a set yet, but i will.

I've also played around with monkeys and agree with your statement, i'll stick w/ diamonds and bring in monkeys or twisters when the floor really isnt in bad shape or homeowner just wants to pay for a "polish".

Tile Nerd

I prefer diamonds and polishing powders as well. MP's are too slow and don't yield the result my clients expect.

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
Does anyone know if there are any classes like the one Bill attended on the East Coast or even better in the Northeast. I haven't a clue where to even start my search for quality trainers, hands on classes, instructors, etc..

Thanks for any help.

BUSY BEE

WJMorgan3 said:
Does anyone know if there are any classes like the one Bill attended on the East Coast or even better in the Northeast. I haven't a clue where to even start my search for quality trainers, hands on classes, instructors, etc..

Thanks for any help.
Try http://www.mbstone.com or http://www.nsraweb.com
I'm gonna try to make it to one of those classes next, then I'm done with classes for a while.

Back
Top Bottom