Newby Quicky Rug Education

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
I run across rugs that have been in water damaged homes several times per year. On the regular box store bought rugs I have used my incline driveway and regular fan drying techniques.

I don't want to screw anything up and have no idea what I'm doing. Can anyone help me out her with a place that I can get educated on the basic stuff? Maybe a video series or something? I know I won't be an expert right off but maybe I can know what things I should farm out and what things I can wash.

So far I have beat them the best I can, washed and scrubbed several times with my Cimex soft bristles and then floated with air movers and weights. I realize I've risked it but the rugs I have done aren't anything fancy.

I don't plan on being a rug shop or anything. I have also read Lisa's blog about how to set up a makeshift plant. My deal is what chemicals to use and how to identify things.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
ARCS will have a beginner level course available on-line later this year, but right now there are no quick and easy ways to learn about rug cleaning.

The IICRC rug course is a good beginner level, and if you'd rather clean rugs than sub them out it would be worth travelling to take one. Any course you take from there will enhance what you know.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom