newbie needed advice

David S

Name
David Spence
what are the bare essentials equipment needed to start off it water restoration? I know i can add equipment as i go along but what do i need to get started?
your advice is greatly appreciated

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Look on Craigslist and see what you can find cheap. Buy new as you grow and keep the used as overflow.

Residential, a couple of dehumidifiers (lgr) 6-8 airmovers, water claw, moisture meters. A thermal camera if you have the budget.

Reactions: David S and Nomad74

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Know your market. Starting with small homes? Large homes in your area? Going after commercial?

I started with residential only. Typical home was 1200 - 2000 sq. ft.

Truckmount and Water Claw or other extraction tools
2 medium LGR type dehus
12 air movers - mostly centrifugal but some radial as well
Training classes - WRT, ASD and something to help you market. Maybe the Restoration Strategies Turbocharged class or Build a Better Business; Sooner or later Strategies for Sucess.
Meters including hygrometer, pinless and pin type meters of good or better quality
Thermal camera if you can afford it.
Package can be $10,000 to $20,000 if you already have the truckmount; considerably more if you need the truckmount.

Money for marketing or at least a lot of time devoted to marketing. Most areas are rather heavy with competition.

David S

Name
David Spence
Than
Know your market. Starting with small homes? Large homes in your area? Going after commercial?

I started with residential only. Typical home was 1200 - 2000 sq. ft.

Truckmount and Water Claw or other extraction tools
2 medium LGR type dehus
12 air movers - mostly centrifugal but some radial as well
Training classes - WRT, ASD and something to help you market. Maybe the Restoration Strategies Turbocharged class or Build a Better Business; Sooner or later Strategies for Sucess.
Meters including hygrometer, pinless and pin type meters of good or better quality
Thermal camera if you can afford it.
Package can be $10,000 to $20,000 if you already have the truckmount; considerably more if you need the truckmount.

Money for marketing or at least a lot of time devoted to marketing. Most areas are rather heavy with competition.

Thank you Scott. I do have my IICRC Fire and smoke and IICRC WRT. I'm looking at equipment arm so your advice is really helpful. I'm sue I'll be asking more questions A LOT!
Thanks

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
If it doesn't have auto pump out ability, you need to pass. You can easily run into 50-60 100 gallons or more. Stopping to dump can be very inefficient.

You need the productivity of the auto pump out to make money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: aaronjumps

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom