You're Darren Lumpkin's cousin

this is just mental masturbation because you're bored due to lock-down

..L.T.A.
I'm having a few thoughts ..

you're too inept to start a biz due to needing spoon fed the simplest things

You're Darren Lumpkin's cousin

this is just mental masturbation because you're bored due to lock-down

..L.T.A.
Hahaha you caught me. I had a feeling someone would call me out on my last few simple questions. Yes, I’m bored out of my damn mind, aren’t we all?

I’m not asking to be “spoon fed” anything. I’m trying to figure something out that has a huge market. With the LVP, there’s very little to go off with videos other than people mopping the floor so I was trying to see if there’s a “pro” method. Can’t imagine people paying me top dollar to do something they could easily do themselves.

Btw that was funny with the “green side up” but I’m not that stOOpid.
But I agree, I’ll come back with serious questions when I have them.

hogjowl

Idiot™
You can wet clean LVP
You can wet clean sheet vinyl
You can wet clean engineered wood, if it’s finished.
Sure, there are “things” that can make it NOT advised to wet clean these things, but there are things that can make it not advisable to bathe your body too.
The key is recognizing those “things”
By the way ... they’re very rare

Name
Lee Stockwell
You can wet clean LVP
You can wet clean sheet vinyl
You can wet clean engineered wood, if it’s finished.
Sure, there are “things” that can make it NOT. advised to wet clean these things, but there are things that can make it I’ll-advised to bathe your body too.
The key is recognizing those “things”
By the way ... they’re very rare
Agreed!

But newbies have an innate tendency to charge right in and find those "things" quickly.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Anthony E

Name
Anthony Edwards
Look, if I go out of business it’s by my own stupidity. I’ll pick up the pieces and carry on. I’m just trying to absorb as much as I can here before launching anything and while I have nothing to do. Though I feel that I’ve been far less productive since joining this and I’m relying too much on you guys for learning.
I’ll just keep on doing what I was doing before and learning on my own.
Even I am realizing how annoying my questions are getting. Like I said I’ll come back once I’ve actually started and when I actually run into problems that I need help with.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Look, if I go out of business it’s by my own stupidity. I’ll pick up the pieces and carry on. I’m just trying to absorb as much as I can here before launching anything and while I have nothing to do. Though I feel that I’ve been far less productive since joining this and I’m relying too much on you guys for learning.
I’ll just keep on doing what I was doing before and learning on my own.
Even I am realizing how annoying my questions are getting. Like I said I’ll come back once I’ve actually started and when I actually run into problems that I need help with.
It's not that we are trying to discourage you. Just want you to realize that it's not a simple as picking up a machine and making $100 per hour. Carpet cleaning can be profitable but many guys go out of business before the first year is up. If you're going to be an owner operator, it's hard grueling work. If you're going to buy used equipment, you better have some mechanical apptitude. If you want to run employees, you better have a plan. You don't have to know everything at once but you need to be constantly learning. If I was going to open up a new business, it probably wouldn't be carpet cleaning.

Anthony E

Name
Anthony Edwards
Hahaha guys, I’m NOT taking offense to anything here, I’m NOT getting discouraged, and I’m NOT scared to come back. If anything I’m more encouraged. @Cleanworks i don’t think it’s as simple as buying equipment and jumping right in and getting rich. I still have a shit ton to learn and I can only learn it after years of doing it. I am learning as much as I can now before hand but it’ll only get me so far.

Larry, I just turned 29 yesterday.

Marty, I can see what you’re talking about hahah.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Hahaha guys, I’m NOT taking offense to anything here, I’m NOT getting discouraged, and I’m NOT scared to come back. If anything I’m more encouraged. @Cleanworks i don’t think it’s as simple as buying equipment and jumping right in and getting rich. I still have a shit ton to learn and I can only learn it after years of doing it. I am learning as much as I can now before hand but it’ll only get me so far.

Do us all a favor. Make a video of your first job. After that, you'll be immune to all the asshole comments.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G

Cool I was 26

Reactions: Anthony E

steve_64

Since my original post I’ve decided to switch targets. At least for now. I’m looking at commercial now since I don’t think residential is going to be that busy with the virus going around. If I’m wrong correct me.
Get a new buffer a bunch of pads and bonnets a few different brushes a 2 gallon gravity feed tank a few different products a good vacuum and you can clean commercial all day for under $3000 maybe.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I always put my foot on a scrubber when a newbie starts. They always, always, always have a startled look on their face. I always, always, always, have one if I don’t!

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
If you're 29, take your portable and do empty apartments. Do private student housing complexes and small commercial jobs...strip mall Dentist offices and that type of thing.
All basic stuff and do that until you are good at the basics like removing stains and even small carpet repairs.

After you hurt your back dragging buckets of water back and forth and dragging your portable up and down stairs for a couple years...buy or lease a fully loaded Butler.
If you can find a used Butler, that Saiger says is a good deal, buy that.

It can be a good idea to take on Janitorial accounts to make sure the bills are paid. Steady money.
Not sure about your timing on this. Best of luck.

Back
Top Bottom