New to carpet cleaning

There are a lot of really good cleaning agents out there today. We have had great luck with CTI (Pros Choice) and Bridgepoint products.
Call around and get some samples, a lot of companies are more than willing to send them.

When you get a chance take an IICRC carpet cleaning certification class. You'll learn a lot about cleaning agents and carpet fibers that will really help you be succesful.

Good Luck.

G

Ken Snow said:
30$ for 350 gals of ready to use seems really expensive, it must work great. We also make ours at a little more than double that and then it's metered anywhere from 8:1, to 12:1.

Ken

It makes 350 of concentrate. My boo boo for leaving that out.

Djrosselli

Make it easy on yourself, Extreme Clean on almost everything and fresh water rinse. Cleans great and people love the smell with the exception of the gentlemen who posted earlier.
Also, do yourself a favor and find a Mentor. Either a trusted supplier or a near by cleaning professional (far enough where you aren't competitors) who is willing to spend a little time being a consultant/Mentor.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Hi Kyle;

Welcome to the board.

I would usually recommend a prespray and rinse technique.

The RX-20 is a good additional tool with very dirty commercial carpet. Change it to the 5 jets as mentioned.

One thing in your area of concern is hard water.

You can check with your local water department to get the actual hardness levels.

It may require RO water or a softener to get good rinsing.

Your prespray should also have a good chelating agent to counteract the water hardness.

Larry

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
hey , dont let these veteran guys put too much on your plate. keep a good pre spray followed by an all fiber rinse for light, and a prespray followed by a lightly diluted emulsifier for heavy and as you go on you will see what works. keep it simple I wasted alot of money trying new stuff, keep it simple. also get certified that helps alot

Thanks jon. I am learning everyone does it the way they like, I just gotta find what I like to use. I know it will take some time. Going to get certified in march. Soonest class closest to me and its still a 9 hr. drive to denver co. I know I need to though. So far all customers are happy even the olefin that I thought looked crappy had the customer happy. I went back with an acid rinse just to see if there were improvements. I am going back this afternoon to check on it. I have already done some cleanup jobs behind the guy in town thats charging .36 sq.ft. using a couple of old portables. Hopefully it just gets better from here. Thanks all for the wealth of knowledge and ideas.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom