New to carpet cleaning

I am new to the world of carpet cleaning. Was just looking for some input on chemicals that you guys use and prefer in different situations. Do you guys just pre-spray and rinse? What presprays and rinses do you use. Ive tried zone perfect p.s. and end zone rinse. Flex p.s with white lightning rinse on heavier stuff. What would be the best combo for residential that just had bad traffic areas? Does anyone use any kind of soap instead of a rinse for extraction? Thanks for the help.

G

Kyle,if by soap you mean emulsifier,then yes I would say many here go that route.When you get going over time you will see what works for you and what certain situations call for,in the mean time if you have not done so already,get some education and that will help.Good luck in this biz.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Light to moderate soiling I'm using Judson O2 pre-spray and rinse. Heavy soiling powerburst for pre-spray and dry slurry for emulsifier through machine.

If you're local to a JonDon Matrix Grand Slam boosted with a touch of citrus-solve can't be beat for a pre-spray for all but the nastiest of carpets, then result back to the powerburst.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Zone Perfect and End Zone is a good combination for most residential. I used Bridgepoint for a while but can't get it locally. I use Judson, CTI, or a high-ph local brew, depending on the situation.

There is nothing locally. I have to order everything I use. If you all had to order all chems. what brand would you use? I appreciate all your input. There is a world of knowledge on here 8)

Pre-spray I love Extreme Clean by CTI for the nasties....Extreme clean can be used as an emulsifier too which makes it versatile...Sometimes I use Powerburst as a Pre-spray and then extreme clean as my emulsifier....Other times I use Extreme Clean as my pre-spray with a Boost of Energy(CTI) and then use Pro Powder 2000 (CTI) as a emulsifier....Everyone likes different stuff but I swear by extreme clean....

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Sticky said:
Pre-spray I love Extreme Clean by CTI for the nasties....Extreme clean can be used as an emulsifier too which makes it versatile...Sometimes I use Powerburst as a Pre-spray and then extreme clean as my emulsifier....Other times I use Extreme Clean as my pre-spray with a Boost of Energy(CTI) and then use Pro Powder 2000 (CTI) as a emulsifier....Everyone likes different stuff but I swear by extreme clean....

Rob, I just tried extreme clean and I was impressed with how well it worked I just didnt like the smell. It bothered me but I'm sure I will give it another chance. It seemed to work as well as grease eraser and its a good bit cheaper when you take into account dilutions.

How many Sq. Ft. should a gallon of flex last? 1000? more? less? Poured right into my hydro-force and set knob to dilute 8:1. Had a dirty commercial job that was 3200 sq. ft. and used almost 4 gallons. Am I way over using my prespray? Used almost 6 gallons of white lightning rinse. Carpet looked great when I was done. I am doing this correctly? What do you guys like on the olefin? :?

carpetcleaninfarmer said:
How many Sq. Ft. should a gallon of flex last? 1000? more? less? Poured right into my hydro-force and set knob to dilute 8:1. Had a dirty commercial job that was 3200 sq. ft. and used almost 4 gallons. Am I way over using my prespray? Used almost 6 gallons of white lightning rinse. Carpet looked great when I was done. I am doing this correctly? What do you guys like on the olefin? :?

Step 1. Prevacuum.
Step 2. Pre spray
Step 3. On commercial I would use a cimex or a 175
Step 4. HWE
Step 5. Air movers and I would cotton pad to help with the drying.

Grab check and do a follow up phone call in a day or two.

Farenheit251

Kyle, a 175 is a floor machine or rotary. Use it to massage in the cleaner with a bonnet,brush or pad and you will get superior results regardless of the prespray.

Most of us are looking for magic presprays that can give us the same results without having to use the scrubber.

Chris A

Name
Chris
where are you located in OK Kyle? Are you sure there's not a local distributor? Try interlinksupply.com and type in your zipcode, you may be surprised. You can also try Jondon.com, but I don't think there's a store in OK.

There is one in amarillo tx. 2 1/2 hrs. from here. Im in a small town in the panhandle. I have an rx20. Came with my rig. Never used it before. What are the advantages of that. Can you put a scrubber on it?

Chris A

Name
Chris
You can get what's called a "drive block." It screws into the RX instead of the cleaning head. Then you can use a scrub pad on it.

cleaningfool

kyle, i'm out of shawnee. just 30 miles east of okc. i've tried allot of chems. extreme clean is good for the nasties. i would recommend cobbs new product powermax. you will find out that enzymes work well on the nasties too. as far as getting chems, i have them shipped to me from cobb carpet supply out of dallas, ore jon don. mike

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
IMHO out of the big suppliers, Jon Don is very good.

An RX 20 is a mechanical steam cleaner... depending on which version you have (3 or 5 ) jets, it performes either 390or 650 cleaning and vac passes per minute.
It is a mechanical advantage in that it does all that and never gets tired. Here is the flyer I used in the mid 90"s when selling the RX 20 cleaning.
If you double click it should open up a larger view.

th_rx20front.jpg

th_rx20back.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
5 jets are the old style (if I am not mistaken )

someone got this brain storm and blocked off 2 of the holes for the jet assemblies and went to 3 cone jets..then they closed off half of the shoes thinking it would help for better dry times....

If you have the 3 jet version...change it back to the 5 jets with check valves and replace the skids to full open type and throw some glides on it and you just improved its cleaning and performance 100 %

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
The 5 jet was the one before the He, they also had a low speed version even before that.
The low speed also had 5 jets and vacuum chambers, only the head spun at 90 RPM providing 450 passes per minute. The newer ones run at 130 RPM.

lowspeedRX-20.jpg

And Jim is absolutely correct!

Chris A

Name
Chris
I'm not sure when we even got ours, its second generation. I would guess late 90's though.

G

Secret Sauce(Made from $30 of chemicals produces 350 gallons), Clean Water, Nothing used yet comes close.

Joey Johnston said:
Light to moderate soiling I'm using Judson O2 pre-spray and rinse. Heavy soiling powerburst for pre-spray and dry slurry for emulsifier through machine.

If you're local to a JonDon Matrix Grand Slam boosted with a touch of citrus-solve can't be beat for a pre-spray for all but the nastiest of carpets, then result back to the powerburst.

Joey quit copyin me...gawwd...

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
30$ for 350 gals of ready to use seems really expensive, it must work great. We also make ours at a little more than double that and then it's metered anywhere from 8:1, to 12:1.

Ken

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom