New Product - Wand Bra - Give Away

maker

Brian Robison said:
maker said:
[quote="Ken Snow":339fgwh2]I would imagine a black wand bra will look worse than the wand within a week of use, though I think it is pretty nifty. A little gay, but nifty.

They are machine washable and available in different colors for an extra charge. For instance we could make them really gay by making them in purple.
You can also clean them up real quick with a hand tool.

Come back of the week...funny as hell.

Just send one to me, I will try it out and get back to ya.
I won't charge you a dime for the testing.[/quote:339fgwh2]

As it stands it looks like you have a pretty chance of winning one of these.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
I scratched Brians new van with my wand then broke his neck with another :lol:

Do I Get One :?:

Name
Eric Valentine
I had a helper scar the bottom of a wood railing up pretty badly with my wand (aw29) because he was ogling the customer instead of watching what he was doing. I did manage to chip the powder coating on a fridge in a rental (would have missed it if not for the height of the glide). A few wood entertainment center doors and dressers have been on the receiving end of dents also.

I think they are a good idea, but caution is always warranted.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
maker said:
Doug Cox said:
Two thumbs down on that Maker. I agree with Ken "A Little Gay".

I respect your opinion on it, but do you think that it is the name that's a little gay and not the actual product. To me its just a no brainer. Your pushing around a big piece of metal in somebodies home around and under their furnishings. Accidents do happen. I mentioned some of the accidents that I did when I cleaned. I have also been responsible over the years for many dings in furniture and baseboards (i know glides take care of base boards).
I also distinctly remember customers being very concerned about possible damage to their stuff.
I would put one my wand for that reason alone.

Once again I do respect your opinion and that everyone is not going to like it ( not right away at least, give it time).

If you do discover that it is the name you don't like just let me know and I will make you one with a different tag on it that says Wand Armor (thats the name Greenie came up with) and embroider a football on the front. :D

No, I think the product is a little gay and the name just reinforces it. Anybody can come up with an idea, it doesn't mean it should be made.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Brian Robison said:
Ok,
So the worst is when your in a carpeted bathroom...as if that isn't bad enough...and you "tap" the tiled bath and lose one of the tiles. That just kills me. easy enough to fix but a pain in the butt.

Nothing worse than when you try to go under a sofa in front of a customer and you think you have enough clearance then "BAM!" Nice dent in the wood trim...oops.

Or how about a potted plant? don't get me started.

Boy, are you ever a clumsy hack. :p

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Some people are just TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO old to try new things.. :lol:

Should try it out Doug and they look cool on the GH

With the BRA, Wrap & spotter bottles my wand looks like a commando wand :lol:

maker

Doug Cox said:
maker said:
[quote="Doug Cox":3jf5ka42]Two thumbs down on that Maker. I agree with Ken "A Little Gay".

I respect your opinion on it, but do you think that it is the name that's a little gay and not the actual product. To me its just a no brainer. Your pushing around a big piece of metal in somebodies home around and under their furnishings. Accidents do happen. I mentioned some of the accidents that I did when I cleaned. I have also been responsible over the years for many dings in furniture and baseboards (i know glides take care of base boards).
I also distinctly remember customers being very concerned about possible damage to their stuff.
I would put one my wand for that reason alone.

Once again I do respect your opinion and that everyone is not going to like it ( not right away at least, give it time).

If you do discover that it is the name you don't like just let me know and I will make you one with a different tag on it that says Wand Armor (thats the name Greenie came up with) and embroider a football on the front. :D

No, I think the product is a little gay and the name just reinforces it. Anybody can come up with an idea, it doesn't mean it should be made.[/quote:3jf5ka42]

You ever break or damage anything with your wand?

Name
George Valliant
Maker,

I'm looking for a bag I can put my wand into after every job. I hate when my wand rattles around in the van getting scratched and scratching other things.

You could name it “The Wand Condom”.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Larry B said:
Some people are just TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO old to try new things.. :lol:

Should try it out Doug and they look cool on the GH

With the BRA, Wrap & spotter bottles my wand looks like a commando wand :lol:

Not too old Larry and I don't have a Grenhorn. I get the distinct impression you might be older than me.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Thats not me, it's Ken Snow, although I think the clothes fit my age. So, I now understand the wine choice you sent to Mikey.LOL

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19812&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

I have been using the "bra" for a while now and it still looks great... I prefer the "stealth" look over the shiny look now.

The cover doesn't get all messed up and if you notice something on it, it would take 2,5seconds to remove it and wash it.

Maybe You should rename it to "stealth cover".. It would mean no customer could detect that your chimp had the wand nearby any of their upholstery because they are not nicked and scratched!

Once again I like the cover and I don't think it's gay at all! and no i'm not gay either and those that know me could support that too.

Don't be afraid to try it out guys, if Greenie didn't give me one of the first ones to try it out I would have not thought about it either but it definitely keeps my Greenhorn- and things my Greenhorn comes in contact with- protected.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I haven't hit too many things, but one instance stands out. I just clipped a mirrored accordion closet door. Damned if the bottom corner didn't chip, about 3/8" by 2" of the bottom corner. OF course they wanted it replaced. So I took it to the local glass guy, $80 to replace it, couldn't even save the rest, had to smash the whole thing to get it off. SO I gets it, takes it back, goes to install it and when I test closed the door, it caught on a screw and broke again! BACK to the glass shop, ANOTHER $80, but this time I made the custy pick it up and install it!

It'll be like corner guards, for the most part they are all show, but that ONE time, they pay for themselves.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I have a greenhorn and I think it would be great if for no other reason to keep me from being blinded by the reflection off my wand.

John Watson

Cleaned a MT house just before the client moved in. they had just did a total re paint. They also had filtration soiling along some walls. They told our employee (I found this out later) that they would give him a $50.00 tip if he scrubbed a little extra on the dark edges. I had pre estamated this house 3 weeks before, Mentioned the filtration soil and offered a cost for removal which they declined. I was unaware that they were going to paint, but regardless most people know that fresh paint is fragile!!! Not this technition, and he didn't even notice he was screwing it up as he scrubbed.

We had to go in after they were all moved in and repaint 60% of their base boards plus move the furniture out and put it back.

Oh yeah, they also stiffed him on his tip when they saw the damaged baseboards.

Chads

Supportive Member
Alright I have to get in on this I have marred a few things, like a couple dressers, and a entertainment center armoire thing . and countless mouldings. I cant have Brian win everthing.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
John Watson said:
Cleaned a MT house just before the client moved in. they had just did a total re paint. They also had filtration soiling along some walls. They told our employee (I found this out later) that they would give him a $50.00 tip if he scrubbed a little extra on the dark edges. I had pre estamated this house 3 weeks before, Mentioned the filtration soil and offered a cost for removal which they declined. I was unaware that they were going to paint, but regardless most people know that fresh paint is fragile!!! Not this technition, and he didn't even notice he was screwing it up as he scrubbed.

We had to go in after they were all moved in and repaint 60% of their base boards plus move the furniture out and put it back.

Oh yeah, they also stiffed him on his tip when they saw the damaged baseboards.

Did he remove the filtration lines?

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Ahem nice idea,ahem...

Custom embroider your name on the front gents,an it will look awesome,add some velcro attachment points as well...

It should continue up barrel with holders,etc...

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
An make one for a Butler 3 jet,mine is worn the heck out...

It is off the wand in my King Butler Picture"s,justthe lower half is visible...Mine is 2 piece top barrel an wand head...

I have naugahyde for bottom ,fleece an cordura for top...

But CAESARS dead middle with white pearleslent thread would make my day...An look good next to the glide ...

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
An above name have a sleeve to fit in the led lite bar,so as you can see under booths in Restaurants,waterproof wire assembly...tku,tku...

contact me anytimie you want a million ideas...nite all got to be up in 3 hours again, aggghhh...

An bring some to winter fest, Wand Armor is better than bra name too,bra get the boot...Give the bra to Todd in PI...

CapeCleaner

Caesar beat me to it. My first thought was to buy a couple and bring them right over to have my logo embroidered on the front. And I thought I was up early today.

I think what will happen, is that a client will see the cover and ask why it's there. They're going to remember you telling them that you do whatever you can to protect their furniture and house. Regardless of what one thinks of the name, or even the product itself, for short money it's a subtle but effective message of differentiation.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
hhmm
29 bucks for a little piece of mind..we have chipped ad broken few things (large decorative candle, plant sitting on floor and a large jar full of change) that would have not been chipped or broken with this on the wand.
i am gunna order one if i dont win one...hell i will need to order another one for the other truck any way
besides if greenie puts his name on it thats good enough for me, as much help as he has given me over the years and has never steered me wrong...

as for mikeys mean insensitive comment, i think you should choose one of these punishments..

1) exercise your free powers and send me one of these..

2) ban yourself for 24 hrs

3) have to change garys diaper or hold the "happy towel" so he can 2 hand it.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
LOL Stephen, great replies and I would definitely buy 1-30 in purple. I think it could be cool. Yes Doug is using my picture from around 1976 when I would have been 17~ I still crack up every time I see it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom