New Pricing for Prochem Chemicals....You won't believe this.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
The Prices went DOWN! Not all the prices but the powders/smell goods and ultrapac all went down. This is the first time I have seen someone lower a price after raising it. They said their cost dropped so just like when the cost went up they are adjusting them when they went back down.

Thats how a company should be!

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Steve Lawrence said:
How much now for a 40# pail of Dry Slurry?

The 48lb bucket is 178.52 We still have to go and change everything on our online stores as this change just happened last week so call us to place and order so we don't have to issue a credit.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
rctpks said:
WOW can't say I've ever seen that!

Shhhh if you don't tell anyone you'll actually make more of a margin on it! :wink:

I am willing to bet there will be quite alot of folks that will do that :( I actually dropped the prices even on the inventory we have in stock so we are losing money on what is in stock but a price change is a price change.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
UltraPac is $34.71 buy it 1-2 cases save another 10% Buy 3-4 Cases Save 15% buy 5 or more and Save 20%

When you figure out the cost per hydroforce it mis right in-line with all the other Juice except it works even if you DON'T agitate it :)

TimP

No doubt Ultrapac is a good a TLCer but I have to agree that it is pricey. For most cleaners who don't know better it is priced well. But when you compare it to Judson O2 and most powders you can easily see that it isn't the value that its made out to be. Keep in mind that Judson juice is a spray and rinse and cleans as well as ultrapac at half the juice and at the same price.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
CHEMICALS COST.....ARE THE MOST OVERATED PIECE OF THE PIE............... :roll:

BUY WHAT WORKS FOR YOU......"AT ANY PRICE"......

I WOULD PAY $150.00 A GAL.....TO ACHIEVE THE BEST FINAL RESULT'S....

RATHER THAN PAY $300.00 IN ADDITIONAL LABOR....

FOR "CHEAP JUICE".....&....ADVERAGE RESULTS.....

TimP

Performance being equal then price dictates what a smart business uses.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
True, but cost per sq/ft are so minimal, that looking for sizable savings won't be done by chems we use.

Look for sales or buy in multiple cases for best pricing, but use the best chems.

What's the best is a personal decision as to what has been effective for you.

Steve Smith

Am I the only one who thinks that's B.S.
It's the economy stupid.
Do you think Sony dropped the price on the PS3 $100 because their cost dropped $100?

TimP

rctpks said:
True, but cost per sq/ft are so minimal, that looking for sizable savings won't be done by chems we use.

Look for sales or buy in multiple cases for best pricing, but use the best chems.

What's the best is a personal decision as to what has been effective for you.

It all adds up. If you're cutting a chem cost in 1/2 then I think it adds up pretty quick. So you spend 350 bucks with prochem or 175 with judson....which will do the same thing..... that can be 1-2 weeks worth of chems. I think it adds up pretty quick to me over a year. It could buy you a new flat screen TV or better for a business the size as your Chavez. But I know it's hard to make employees use a measuring cup.

The case pricing is better but still 20% is not the same as 50%. I can understand if it's the only thing that works for you. But for me the performance is equal since Judson improved their juice a good while back. Not to mention the free deodorizing characteristics and no butyl which gives me walking cough after prolonged use. At first I liked ultrapac better in performance but now it's a wash if not the edge to Judson.

This is just my opinion, and everyone has to decide what works for them. And not all soil is created equal but Ultrapac don't fit my business model.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That's great for you Tim!

I hate messing with what works for me, "I'd rather dance with the one that brought you" so to speak.

No, I'm tight enough not to foolishly waste money, but I don't have the time or patience to test new chem's.

Do I believe it has worked for you? I do and i think that's great!

I'm just overly cautious when it comes to fixing it if it ain't broke!

steve g

Name
steve garrett
TimP said:
No doubt Ultrapac is a good a TLCer but I have to agree that it is pricey. For most cleaners who don't know better it is priced well. But when you compare it to Judson O2 and most powders you can easily see that it isn't the value that its made out to be. Keep in mind that Judson juice is a spray and rinse and cleans as well as ultrapac at half the juice and at the same price.

judson juice is one of those board pimped products that don't live up to the hype, I think we need to put the judson juice deal to rest and do a comparison and ultra pak will kick its ass, JJ is like the recoil was some years back. john o let quite a few cleaners sample JJ, guess what NONE of them came back and bought more, why try to save a few bucks on juice its such a small price in the overall picture, personally I want to clean with the best and don't worry about the price. your a broke dick if you can't afford quality juice

I do agree that ultra pak had been getting out of had price wise, I remember back in the late 90's getting it for $22 a gallon.

TimP

When was the last time you tried Judson O2?

And when did those people try the O2?

The first couple times I bought it I wasn't too impressed and I was having to use more than I should to get results. I tried it again after it was mentioned that they had improved it. Since they have finalized the juice it's equal to or better than Ultrapac in my opinion, and yes I've used both. Not to mention there are many others on this board who agree. Marty, Mikey, Ron to name a few of the well known guys here that I'm pretty sure they use it.

As much as I like the O2 product it's not for rat nasty carpet in my opinion, yeah you can do it with the booster and scrubbing but I go to a higher PH powder cleaner for the rat nasty jobs to make it easier.

Name
Jesse
Here's my O2,

I like testing things and do plenty of it. When I compared 02 to the other products we use I got mixed results. The comparison I'll offer is between 02 and Ultrapac

The O2 is a sneaky clean. Some types of soil, mainly in certain traffic lanes, require more dwell or work if your using o2. However the o2 removes more spots, and a wider variety of them than the Ultrapac. Occasionally we us Ultrapac when we run out of O2 and we always end up using more spotters, and not just a little bit.

The o2 is not the only pre-spray we use, however it's the most hassle free and reliable for the way we clean and what we clean. I feel that different jobs should be tackled different ways. We use 3 pre sprays regularly. 1/2 my techs didn't like the 02 on the 1st day out, now it's everyones favorite. My employee's don't know this board exists or who the Judsons are, they just like their products. QuatAlot and 02 prespray specifically.

I wouldn't have added this to your thread John, but you did subtly reference your opinion of 02.

CleanEvo

Ultrapac is awesome, but it's been giving me headaches lately. Has anyone tried the low VOC Utrapac... I had heard it didn't clean as well?

Able 1

Name
Keith
CleanEvolve said:
Ultrapac is awesome, but it's been giving me headaches lately. Has anyone tried the low VOC Utrapac... I had heard it didn't clean as well?

I have tried both and the low VOC cleans the same for me. I use the low voc everyday.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Out Of Character said:
Here's my O2,

I like testing things and do plenty of it. When I compared 02 to the other products we use I got mixed results. The comparison I'll offer is between 02 and Ultrapac

The O2 is a sneaky clean. Some types of soil, mainly in certain traffic lanes, require more dwell or work if your using o2. However the o2 removes more spots, and a wider variety of them than the Ultrapac. Occasionally we us Ultrapac when we run out of O2 and we always end up using more spotters, and not just a little bit.

The o2 is not the only pre-spray we use, however it's the most hassle free and reliable for the way we clean and what we clean. I feel that different jobs should be tackled different ways. We use 3 pre sprays regularly. 1/2 my techs didn't like the 02 on the 1st day out, now it's everyones favorite. My employee's don't know this board exists or who the Judsons are, they just like their products. QuatAlot and 02 prespray specifically.

I wouldn't have added this to your thread John, but you did subtly reference your opinion of 02.

Damn you, "sneaky clean" is how I 1st described a while back....

I use Cobbs, and its the bomb, it gets out damn near 95% + of all the shit on the carpet...red types and other STAINS, no, but spots/spills...it just plain rocks

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
At least their prices went down. Some companies simply tell you one price on the phone and then charge your credit card another and then give you a B.S. answer as to why.

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
For you guys that don't like the smell of regular ultrapac (S711) Try the California compliant version (S712) When I was cleaning carpets I switched to that. Different makeup of solvents that I found to work better than the regular Ultrapac.

That is the only Ultrapac I currently carry. All my guys love it.

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
Jon Don makes a clone of ultra PAK - Matrix Grand Slam for $27. Interlink Supply now sells one as well called Groom solutions MegaPack for $27. Ive used both and they seem to work just as well as ultrapak. But I also like Cobbs Powemaxx. You can get a 45# pail for $95 that smells good, has a great dilution ratio and supposedly works well on tile and grout.

Bob Foster

Marty I don't think John Olsen' thread is the least bit out of line. This thread gets people thinking of what works best and that they are analyzing costs and results.

I used to use a lot of Ultrapac and at the time I believed I was using one of the very best pre-sprays available on the market and I was very happy with the way it performed.

I agree with Out of Character to the letter.

It's no secret that I am a good friend to the Jones family but I can say that I used to get this dry hack cough from the butyls in Ultrapack and I don't get that from JJ because it doesn't have any butyls in it.

O2 works great and doesn't need to be mechanically agitated but it does like it just like most pre-sprays do. I do find that dwell time is important for JJ. I will also say that with JJ I don't have to re-spray traffic lanes like I did with Ultrapac. I recently used up a bunch of Ultrapac that I had in stock and I sure noticed the difference after using JJ for over 2 years.

I know Les would love people to do some side by side comparisons of both these very high quality presprays.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom