New CA compliant Slide In from Legend Brands

Mikey P

Administrator
Screenshot_20180807-064214_Chrome.jpg
product_specsheet_logo_PCM.png

2018 Peak 500
The Peak 500 truckmount features Kawasaki’s liquid-cooled 31 HP engine with digital fuel injection and 47.1 ft-lbs of torque – enough heat and vacuum to run a six-jet wand flat out. Heats fast but sips fuel at only 1 gallon per hour. This unit is a great value – the lowest cost CARB-compliant machine in its class.

FEATURES
  • Fast warm-up period and holds the heat using 6-flow wand
  • Cerakote® treated exhaust reduces radiant heat from exhaust components up to 30%
  • Economical operation: consumes only 1 gallon of gas per hour
  • Stainless steel tube with copper-finned design for maximum heat exchange
  • Easy to use manual temperature control
SPECIFICATIONS
  • Power plant: Kawasaki liquid-cooled 31 HP engine with digital fuel injection and 47.1 ft-lbs of torque
  • Vacuum pump: Gardner Denver T406 positive displacement blower with vacuum to 13 in. Hg and flows up to 406 CFM
  • Solution pump: General Emperor water pump producing 3.5 GPM and up to 1500 PSI
  • Heating system: Patented finned stainless tube coil design featuring a three-stage heat exchange system
  • Frame construction: Powder-coated aluminum box tubing
SIZES ▪ OPTIONS
72-500: Standard capacity model with 90 gal. waste tank
72-500HC: High capacity model with 120 gal. waste tank.

https://www.legendbrandscleaning.com/ProductPDFPrint.aspx?decid=2830

Last edited by a moderator:

FredC

Village Idiot
Hows that KLR treating you?

Mine or does Vincent have one too?

I've only put a couple hundred miles on it. I need to rebuild the carb and verify the jetting but other than that it seems solid. Fun little bike........except when Tam is on it then it just fn scary. She is getting better though.

Name
Glen Wilson
Prochem never used the old Kawasaki engines but we remembered the issues from some 20 years ago when it was used in the industry. The Kawasaki engine we are using is newer and the issues from the past have been addressed. We checked before we ever considered it. We also checked other industries that use this Kawasaki engine and found the testimonials to be positive. In fact, Kohler uses this engine in some of their generators. Kind of funny to think an engine manufacturer uses someone else's engine in their own products.

FredC

Village Idiot
My wife had a couple large Lesco walk/ride behind mowers with Kawasaki engines at properties she manages. They got the shit beat out of them and worked all day everyday when grass was growing. She did replace the engine on one but it had many thousands of hours on it.

If I'm not mistaken the Toros she replaced them are actually kawasakis

I'm thinking they must have gotten better since the "old ones" .....I wouldn't have a problem buying one.

Edit ::biggrin:F91EA3AF-0E16-4155-B600-DEB21637B388.jpeg

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
Mine or does Vincent have one too?

I've only put a couple hundred miles on it. I need to rebuild the carb and verify the jetting but other than that it seems solid. Fun little bike........except when Tam is on it then it just fn scary. She is getting better though.

Vince has a 650

Reactions: FredC

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Kawasaki air cooled units for landscape cp,abuse are awesome don’t have much experience with the water cooled versions.

Mikey P

Administrator

How does this unit stack up against the 370?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
What other machines in different industries use this liquid cooled engine for us to research on how well it holds up? And how is the twin cylinder noise level compared to an obnoxious, LOUD Merican Made Kohler?

Name
Glen Wilson
How does this unit stack up against the 370?
The biggest advantage of the Peak 500 is the liquid cooled engine of course. The benefits go without saying.
The heat is similar on both units. Although it doesn't have the Thermal Well technology like the 370 it does have the added heat coming from the engine coolant heat exchanger. So, the end result is the same. We have had a machine out in the field with a local cleaner and he loves the heat and has been running it on low. Of course, here in Phoenix the ground water is probably pushing 100 degrees so that means in cooler climates there will still be plenty of heat when you crank it up to high.
The Peak 500 is a little wider, closer to the Apex 570. The local cleaner running the machine has it installed in a low roof Ford Transit with a motorized vacuum hose reel next to it and both fit out the side door nicely.
Vacuum is similar although we do have dual wand ports on the Peak 500. I wouldn't say it is a "true dual wand" machine but the option is there if you need it.
Solution is the same for both machine, 1,500 psi.
Last, it can be sold in California which is a great option for cleaners looking to step up from a 370 but don't need or can't afford an Everest.

Name
Glen Wilson
What other machines in different industries use this liquid cooled engine for us to research on how well it holds up? And how is the twin cylinder noise level compared to an obnoxious, LOUD Merican Made Kohler?
As I mentioned, Kohler actually uses this engine in some of their generators and are happy with the performance and longevity. I doubt Kohler would put another manufacturers engine in a Kohler branded product if it didn't exceed their expectations. Not good for their brand otherwise.
The engine can also be found in the concrete prep/surface industry. Pretty harsh environment given the dust created from the concrete floating around in the air and long hours of operation.
Regarding the noise, it sounds powerful and has a nice deep tone. Better than the old Kohler previously used in the Peak. We aren't running it a maximum RPMs so there is still power leftover which means we aren't making the engine overwork itself.
We will have a unit installed in a van at the Experience in the outside area. So any of you that are going can check it out for yourselves.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I have to add in here that Mike Roden made sure to incorporate the "upgrades" we had made to the old Peak. so be ready to notice a big difference in the vacuum if you have an older peak. If you had a newer peak Prochem did make the pully change to the peak the last 2 years that we had been offering our upgrades. I can't
wait to get a peak on our floor

Reactions: Mikey P

laura@legendbrands

Whipper Snapper
Name
Laura O
@Mikey P I should be driving the new west coast demo van with the Peak 500 in it through Reno and down to Las Vegas next week, if you are around and want to be one of the first to see it.

Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator

I'm available most of the week if you plan on taking 395 south to Vegas.

Call me today, I'll be out of range most of the weekend..

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Thank you for the info! The 2018 Peak 500 EFI has peaked my interest for sure.

Does it have the same blower as the ss570?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom