Need some help.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I've got this pergo floor that I apparently made an almost unnoticeable line on. You can only see it when you get down on your knees and put your head parallel with the floor. It's like a clear scratch (dull line). I tried some alcohol on it and it made no difference. Any ideas what might remove it? I've never been confronted with this so I'm at a loss. Thanks.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Larry- Picture a scratch on a piece of plexiglass. It didn't damage the floor, theres just a scratch.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
It's like a line on the surface of the pergo. No obvious damage. You have to look at it a certain way to even see it.

Ron- What is Laminators Plus? Where to get it?

Greenie

put the rug back and tell them you have a stupid surcharge next time they waste your time.

it had better be a Good paying job.

Mike Draper

Tell them you'll put another scratch in their face if they don't shutup! That usually works for me. :D

Able 1

Name
Keith
I just paid out 200.00 to a custy because of my pre-spray driping on the floor they said it took off the finish. the floor was just refinished a week prior , i didn't even look at it, also had a new guy working with me so vary well possible.

Good custy of mine though, so just ate it.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
able,

your prespray probably just left a white residue spot. could have probably been buffed off and if not quickly touched up. DIY for $20 or less.

Able 1

Name
Keith
They said it bubbled it and took off the finish. I can understand because i always wipe off the floor before i leave but this time with the new guy i just messed up.

The only other time that i have seen this happen was on a floor that was like bare wood and needed to be refinished anyway.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Superglue then shave off with razor blade when almost dry. It's a stone restoration trick but I've never tried it.

Albert

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
You can reapply any finish that may have bubbled off. Use the Bridgepoint semi-gloss wood finish for Pergo or other laminate floors. Laminator plus is similar but BP wood finish is less expensive and avialable more places.

Scott Warrington

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Doug Cox said:
You can only see it when you get down on your knees and put your head parallel with the floor.

tell them to not lie on the floor!
Thats a really awkward position. What the hec were they down there looking for when they first noticed it??

I bubbled some lino once from heat of the the soln line.
insurance paid for the replacement. Never happened before that, never happened since.

matt sheppard

home depot has a product called "rejuvanator" in their cleaning aisle. costs about $20 a quart and will cover about 600sf. apply it with a microfiber cloth or mop. it can be used on laminate and hw floors. it works really well. i've added it to my other services. comes in handy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom