need some advise?

customer called and stated, that her dog had an accident on her dense nylon low cut pile carpet (dog crapped) i advised her that i would get to as soon as i can, in the mean time told her to remove as much as she could without putting any over the counter products on it. when i get there the next day she said she used a baby wipe and some resolve with a whole lot of elbow grease by scrubbing it. the result was a dark stain on the carpet. so, i did the following, prevacced the spots as well as the rest of carpet, then prepared some cobbs powermax mixed with a little of 40 vol. layed it down with my hydroforce, aggiated spots with hand held soft bristle brush and extracted with 02 rinse, and just like that stains were gone. well, 2 days later stains are back as if they were never cleaned. what else can i do to correct this issue, this is repeat customer for me been cleaning for her for 4yrs. never had issue with her urine stains before.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
prestige cleaner said:
customer called and stated, that her dog had an accident on her dense nylon low cut pile carpet (dog crapped) i advised her that i would get to as soon as i can, in the mean time told her to remove as much as she could without putting any over the counter products on it. when i get there the next day she said she used a baby wipe and some resolve with a whole lot of elbow grease by scrubbing it. the result was a dark stain on the carpet. so, i did the following, prevacced the spots as well as the rest of carpet, then prepared some cobbs powermax mixed with a little of 40 vol. layed it down with my hydroforce, aggiated spots with hand held soft bristle brush and extracted with 02 rinse, and just like that stains were gone. well, 2 days later stains are back as if they were never cleaned. what else can i do to correct this issue, this is repeat customer for me been cleaning for her for 4yrs. never had issue with her urine stains before.

Apply Citric Acid on the spot after recleaning it That should take care of the problem.

B

Bill G. Martin

[Embed][/Embed

They should out law that resolve stuff

Bill in Central Florida

joe harper

Name
joe harper
AMEN....Bill.. :!:

We see more DAMAGE done by RESOLVE.....Than ALL other products COMBINED.... :twisted:

CarpetKING

Go with the citric acid or more of the Cobbs and use a water-claw its probably seaped through to the padding.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
geeeze....this ain't rocket science
you didn't flush all the crap out.
It's that simple

She sent what was on top, down to the base of the fiber with her soap and brush.
you added to the poop and soap slurry with your own soap and brush

then you didn't "thoroughly" flush to the base of the fiber.
(Something that's not as easy as most think on tight/dense cut piles)
and even harder on low loop piles

go back and "thoroughly" flush all the soap and crap out.

now some questions for the other suggestions given..

at the risk of showing my ignorance...

what's so "damaging" about Resolve?
(i know the effects of it's over use and residue soil it collects)
But what "damage" does it do?
There are no optical brighteners in it.
Essentially, it's nothing more than detergent and water...something we all use

next question;
why would anyone spray citric acid on a synthetic fiber and synthetic backing carpet for a simple poop stain?
Do you know how bad of a sticky residue citric acid leaves?
Do you know a little sodium percarbonate or liquid peroxide will remove the staining?

last question;
why ARA ?
Just flush the crap/soap/gunk out and you won't need pixie dust with evaporation acceleration solvents

This ain't rocket science, boys
get it clean and get it dry

..L.T.A.

Bjorn

just a little judson juice and water claw it and just a good clean rinse should do the trick

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
next question;
why would anyone spray citric acid on a synthetic fiber and synthetic backing carpet for a simple poop stain?

How do you know wick back stain is from the original poop stain and not from the customers attempt at cleaning it? I'll bet if he goes back and sprays the spot with citric acid and rakes it in without recleaning it the spot will disappear :mrgreen: As far as the sticky residue goes, You don't have't to make it as strong as the directions say it's not that bad, Plus it's only on a small spot.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Because there are hardly any carpets left that will actually brown. If its synthetic and its browning, that means you have soil left in the carpet to remove. If its yellowing, then you either have a urine issue, or a latex glue issue. The magic is in the the removal. I've followed cleaners who came back and treated an area just as you prescribe and my cleaning 6 months after they had touched up with a mist of citrus or encap product the spot was back plus residue. I flushed the spot first the spot water claw and cleaned and flushed the heck out of it and what do you know, spots do not come back when you get to the source.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
everfresh1 said:
How do you know wick back stain is from the original poop stain and not from the customers attempt at cleaning it? I'll bet if he goes back and sprays the spot with citric acid and rakes it in without recleaning it the spot will disappear :mrgreen: As far as the sticky residue goes, You don't have't to make it as strong as the directions say it's not that bad, Plus it's only on a small spot.

sure it might disappear.
it did the first time too

BUT... it came back a couple days latter

if it is from the custy's attempts and then he added another soaking douche with hydrosoaker in-line sprayer...
it probably got wet to below the backing.
maybe even of took TWO DAYS to dry in that spot.
(which sounds likely, cause it only took two days to come back and not a few days to week or two)

what it needs is flushed out and DRIED.
Not a browning treatment that will leave a sticky residue.
It's a synthetic carpet
and unless it's REALLY old, has synthetic backing too.
It's not cellulose browning

there are better ways to handle it than raking in sticky gunk (citric acid) or some pixie dust juice ARA and other encRap gunk

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom