need help with my 370SS

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
so I did 2 things today that the machine does not like. I ran out of water and I shut it off b4 it cooled down to below 170.
So now I dont have water pressure.
in the past it would fix itself once it cooled down and perhaps a vapor lock worked its self out.
I lubed the pressure regulator and the transfer pump I working.
it has 935 hours on it.
here is a photo of the water pump oil. sorta looks like it might have water in it. could it be the seals need replacing?
I'm fully booked for October. I hope this doesn't derail my mikeyfest plans. 😥

16339059355253773975573520267395.jpg

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
might be the belt tension. or needs a new belt.
can't move it any further to the left and I don't think moving it to the right will tighten it.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
so I did 2 things today that the machine does not like. I ran out of water and I shut it off b4 it cooled down to below 170.
So now I dont have water pressure.
in the past it would fix itself once it cooled down and perhaps a vapor lock worked its self out.
I lubed the pressure regulator and the transfer pump I working.
it has 935 hours on it.
here is a photo of the water pump oil. sorta looks like it might have water in it. could it be the seals need replacing?
I'm fully booked for October. I hope this doesn't derail my mikeyfest plans. 😥

View attachment 111143
Lost your Prime probably. Make sure you have water in the water box, start the unit with an open ended hose connected and place it in your vacuum hose, sealed off with your hand. Should restart the pump.

Mikey P

Administrator
You just can't stop selling. Good for you. Can you post a video of when you break it to Olson why he had to pay for 100% of the new shed. I want to see his face when you explain the wear on your truck made up for it.
6 yo shed, got it when we moved in

Cost less than your lima bean wrap.

• Haha
Reactions: Nomad74

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
6 yo shed, got it when we moved in

Cost less than your lima bean wrap.
I was expecting you to really let me have it on that one. I was laughing very hard. As for the Lima Bean wrap........ Yeah it's costly. If the Bean passes smog, I'll wrap it. If it fails, then it will become the new permanent Rug Shop cleaning unit.

Mikey P

Administrator
I was expecting you to really let me have it on that one. I was laughing very hard. As for the Lima Bean wrap........ Yeah it's costly. If the Bean passes smog, I'll wrap it. If it fails, then it will become the new permanent Rug Shop cleaning unit.

You sulk and hide for weeks when I let you have it.

• Haha

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
not to me

how long did it run dry?
Takes more than a "little bit" to cook seals

any way to assist prime it?

..L.T.A.
Justin with Legend brands said the oil looked milky-- but i did send him a better picture than the one i posted.
Only ran dry for few minutes. I Installed a new belt and will bring to dealer tomorrow.20211010_174157.jpg
doesnt this oil look milky?

Last edited:

FredC

Village Idiot
must be a much better pic cause i'm not seeing it either

edit: I guess the second pic kind of has the chocolate milk appearance....but if I had to guess given your description of events it's more likely running out of water just allowed another problem preventing prime to present itself

Last edited:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Justin with Legend brands said the oil looked milky-- but i did send him a better picture than the one i posted.
Only ran dry for few minutes. I Installed a new belt and will bring to dealer tomorrow.View attachment 111153
doesnt this oil look milky?

that pic looks a little different than the first one.
but that's not why you can't get it to prime

..L.T.A.

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
Lost your Prime probably. Make sure you have water in the water box, start the unit with an open ended hose connected and place it in your vacuum hose, sealed off with your hand. Should restart the pump.
that pic looks a little different than the first one.
but that's not why you can't get it to prime

..L.T.A.
I forgot about @Cleanworks remedy. I'll try that today.
The inline filter had slime on it, I cleaned it and will prime it with the vac attached.
Thank guys.

Mikey P

Administrator
Nine times out of 10 when I lose water it's because I'm hooking up to the house and frogs and bugs get in the screen filters I have on both ends of my garden hose.

If it's a fresh tank how do you know it's not just your transfer pump taking the dump

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
Nine times out of 10 when I lose water it's because I'm hooking up to the house and frogs and bugs get in the screen filters I have on both ends of my garden hose.

If it's a fresh tank how do you know it's not just your transfer pump taking the dump
That happens often, sometime the wires get loose when the vac hose slaps the pump wires.
I can hear the transfer pump working.
I installed a new belt and is currently working fine. i didnt even have to prime the pump with vacuum.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom