Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
do you guys know what part is interchangeable or any tips my clutch wont engage

B03814D2-0941-41EE-8894-572823AF71F5.jpeg

Rob Grady

Name
Rob Grady
They don't last forever. I replaced my unit's clutch with one from a Western Star heavy duty truck. I was sticker shocked at the pricing I got from a distributor in Canada at over $600.00.
After a little leg work with the local Auto shops who weren't able to cross reference the part #''s , I sourced one for a little over $200.00cdn. Bolted right in and runs like a champ.

Dwain Ray

On Vacation
Name
Dwain Ray
thats what i was looking for so you have used this for your cds before
I didn't buy that one off Amazon because when i bought the install kit for frankinstien it came with a clutch. But i saved that one in my Amazon lists with the intention of buying it, i thought i had a box with a part#on it for the one's that i have bought from napa but i didn't have it ill look thru my records at home i have the napa part# somewhere, i put it wher i wouldn't loose it according to the people that made the clutch, that label has nothing to do with the model# it a code to let them know who when and where it was manufactured, i researched it out and contacted them several years ago about that,at the time i too thought it was a model# and couldn't for the life of me cross reference it. Ill let you know the part# tonight

20220123_115817.jpg 20220128_125331.jpg

Dwain Ray

On Vacation
Name
Dwain Ray
I knew i wrote that f$%@# number down somewhere, here it is its a carquest#. This is the clutch part# ive used for years, although im going to buy the Amazon one the next time i need one

20221114_145041.jpg 20221114_144635.jpg

Dwain Ray

On Vacation
Name
Dwain Ray
If i may make a suggestion, replace your Serpentine belt with a gates fleet runner heavy duty green belt they're more expensive but they're a shit load stronger ,transfer more power and last alot longer they're the only belts i use

davep105

Name
Dave Pires
I run a 2010 CDS. Will this clutch work for that unit also? I don't need it yet but wanted to save the part #.

Dwain Ray

On Vacation
Name
Dwain Ray
Im a steam geni guy so to say yes yes for sure would really be a guess but from all the hydramaster's ive seen i would say it's probably the right one ,i know it fits this guy's i know it fits butlers,steamgenis and Cleanco's, their's not alot of choices for a clutch for this application, if the shaft configuration is correct, clutch diameter is correct and your clutch uses a 6 grove Serpentine belt, i would say yes,yes, for sure,

Dwain Ray

On Vacation
Name
Dwain Ray
P.S.when you change your clutch change your belt too, i only recommend gates fleet runner green belts . It'll cost you twice as much as a regular belt but is 10× BETTER, the belt is your tools engine and your only as good as your tool

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom