T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
A Flat Drying Rack on Wheels:

Nedsphoto_zps3ecacc30.jpg

6 x 8.5 feet

450 sq ft of horizontal drying

Client uses it for flat drying of Navajo rugs and other problem pieces.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Nice !!!

No brake handle like the Home Depot buggies? Safty first..... Especially if you have employees, lol

How is loading and unloading accomplished?

Do you set them in and roll em out on the racks or do they slide?

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
Looks great Tom- any chance of getting specs or connected with builder? We are in the process of building our own.

We design and build anything that requires fabrication with metal. We have our own fabrication shop right here in Michigan. Most of what we do are builds of custom designs.

Anyone is welcome to contact me personally. Tom@centrum-force.com or call me during daytime business hours: 734.260.5038

Nice !!!

No brake handle like the Home Depot buggies? Safty first..... Especially if you have employees, lol

How is loading and unloading accomplished?

Do you set them in and roll em out on the racks or do they slide?

Rugs are small and one can just physically lay them on the shelves using the open system from either side. (Less moving parts, less cost to build)

Last edited:

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Tom,
Nice design by all means, outstanding that you have a fab shop in house, must be like a giant playgorund for ya.

I'd a have my bacon fryers in fab leave out that first bottom shelf and Spread the spacing so you can roll em out in there and roll em back up. Angry Technician is not an efficient Technition Sir.

A Forty Ton Press will squeeze em Dry too so.......:D

Chris

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
The post says, "Necessity is the mother of invention..."

To be clear: The designer and builder of the pictured item, that I posted, was a long time staff worker at a rug plant. He is really handy with metal and a welder. However, we have built and continue to build other projects for them as well. I just thought it was cleaver of them to make what they needed, from scraps of metal they had. I wanted to share with others their practical idea in this post. (Naturally, we can design and build something similar for just about anyone)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom