Mytee ETM

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
So I got a Mytee ETM with a bunch of equipment I purchased from a guy who went out of business. This is the older 4 vacuum system with the 800 psi pump. Just got it home today from the mechanic and decided to take a look at it. What an utter piece of crap as a truck mount. You need 230 vac at 30 amps to power it. If you want to power it plugging into 115 vac circuits, you need 4 of them. Yes, I have all the adapters, no, I'm not moving the dryer out of the way. It does have lots of vac power. I am pulling 15 inches hg and it's seems like plenty of air flow. The pump is 800 psi and does deliver 800 psi. The only use I see for this machine is for implant use for surface cleaning rugs. Would be very powerful and coupled with a heat source, would be awesome. As a truck mount, not so much. The folks at Mytee should be ashamed of themselves for selling this pos to newbies. Probably the reason this guy went out of business. I think I will pull it out of the van and sell it separately. The van is in good shape. Mechanic went through it all, changed the starter motor, did a tune up, oil and lube and some minor things and it's good to go. Anyone thinking of buying a Mytee ETM, I have one word for you. Don't.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
So I got a Mytee ETM with a bunch of equipment I purchased from a guy who went out of business. This is the older 4 vacuum system with the 800 psi pump. Just got it home today from the mechanic and decided to take a look at it. What an utter piece of crap as a truck mount. You need 230 vac at 30 amps to power it. If you want to power it plugging into 115 vac circuits, you need 4 of them. Yes, I have all the adapters, no, I'm not moving the dryer out of the way. It does have lots of vac power. I am pulling 15 inches hg and it's seems like plenty of air flow. The pump is 800 psi and does deliver 800 psi. The only use I see for this machine is for implant use for surface cleaning rugs. Would be very powerful and coupled with a heat source, would be awesome. As a truck mount, not so much. The folks at Mytee should be ashamed of themselves for selling this pos to newbies. Probably the reason this guy went out of business. I think I will pull it out of the van and sell it separately. The van is in good shape. Mechanic went through it all, changed the starter motor, did a tune up, oil and lube and some minor things and it's good to go. Anyone thinking of buying a Mytee ETM, I have one word for you. Don't.
Dont they call the newest model The Vortex?

Marty would be stupid enough to buy one of those just before electricity rates triple

I had that 4 vac ETM as my rug plant cleaning system.
IMO- That 4 vac ETM is better than the Votex or new 2 vac LX version.

However, I was never able to get it to work with the 4 circuit splitter boxes.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I had that 4 vac ETM as my rug plant cleaning system.
IMO- That 4 vac ETM is better than the Votex or new 2 vac LX version.

However, I was never able to get it to work with the 4 circuit splitter boxes.
This one seems to work fine on the splitter boxes. Ran it for about half an hour with no breakers blowing. The vacuum is powerful, pulling 15 inches hg on 100 feet of 2 inch hose. I couldn't ever imagine trying to set it up to clean a house.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
When truck mounts were scarce and gas was going up, I gave this unit some thought. I worked in the field with two enthusiastic users and was impressed with the performance.

What I couldn’t get around was the power demand, and with the need for a generator for most applications.

At that point, it was just a slide in with a heat source that took plug in electric power and a vac booster that took electric power as well...even if the unit itself had the generator.

Name
Nate W.
I grew up on portables and the WorkMaster ETM.. I've always had #3 Little Giant heaters.. Using either the dryer outlet or 2 separates circuits.. I was 13yo when I had my first jolt of 240 from the dryer outlet.. I couldn't see it, so my dumbass put my thumb and index finger on the prongs to "feel" for the outlet........:idiot:

While I didn't have a choice to have a TM until about 25yo.. It built character and you learn to rely on TACT.. I still believe the LG heater was the key that solved a lot of issues.. Electric heat is just dumb.. I have on very few occasions used a generator to clean empties with no power.. We have a lot of high-rises and places TM's can't reach..

You do what you gotta to make ends meet but an electric machine sitting in a van is dumb..

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
a lot guys give me grief for buying old equipment but so far on this deal, I've got my $3000 back plus $4000. May have the ETM sold, have a couple of guys interested and still have the van to sell, if I don't decide to keep it. Still have 2 portables to sell, multiple hose sets and wands as well as a Hydramaster drymaster or hydrokinetic tool. Not sure which one it is. Tons of little tools and accessories as well as the dirt dragon. Probably better than selling puts and takes or whatever they do in the stock market.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Couldn’t have been much heavier than my Castex

When I was in my 20s I sold those.

I remember trying to take a 1400 DVA out of a truck by myself and throwing out my back.

Fiberglass, cast iron Hypro pumps, and no large wheel "dolly" configuration. Just four casters.

Thanks for the reminder :biggrin:

• Haha
Reactions: hogjowl

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom