Mother in laws house?

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I posted a few days ago, there was a huge fire around her home.

Everything smells and there’s lots of ash.

My wife and mother in law are worried with all the damage in the area they won’t be able to get anybody quickly to do the clean up.

And now are insisting I figure it out!

I do have a wet dry fogger and and could buy something for the smoke smell inside the house.

Maybe try to do a soft wash outside the house.

And pressure wash the pavement.

I really don’t know what product to buy and where to start.

I know insurance will usually pay for pack out cleaning. But they’re more interested in me cleaning the carpet rugs and upholstery.

Would I need to buy a ozone machine?

And Info helps so I can at least say this what dudes who know say!

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I posted a few days ago, there was a huge fire around her home.

Everything smells and there’s lots of ash.

My wife and mother in law are worried with all the damage in the area they won’t be able to get anybody quickly to do the clean up.

And now are insisting I figure it out!

I do have a wet dry fogger and and could buy something for the smoke smell inside the house.

Maybe try to do a soft wash outside the house.

And pressure wash the pavement.

I really don’t know what product to buy and where to start.

I know insurance will usually pay for pack out cleaning. But they’re more interested in me cleaning the carpet rugs and upholstery.

Would I need to buy a ozone machine?

And Info helps so I can at least say this what dudes who know say!
I prefer ozone over fogging. Before using either, you need to clean, clean clean. Ozone is always the last step. I normally charge $200 to leave an ozone generator overnight. $100 for every addition night. My new machine has a 48 hour timer. Good money maker if you don't have to travel too far. Use this as a reason to buy one then put to use.

Reactions: SamIam

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I think I have articles on wildfire cleaning. Send me an email request and I will attach what I have to the reply.

I also have a PowerPoint from some training I did a couple of years ago during another bad fire season. I will send that if the file size can be emailed.

scottw@bridgewatercorp.net if anyone wants this information.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Sam there are a lot of variables in a smoke loss like this. Feel free to call me (412)-414-9129.

Reactions: SamIam

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Test walls with a soot sponge. Often if there is odor there is soot too. May only need chem sponged or may still need washed after chem sponging.

Ozone puts no additional chemicals in the air space and breaks down within minutes of use, combined with air exchange.

Should be a covered loss.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom