Mildew buildup in the acid rinse jug

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Is there a little anti microbial juice I can put in it to help keep it from growing without interfering with my acid juice?

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Experiment. put in like 5 drops 0f milgo sr or something. When I used to have Scotchgard, that got nasty too.

Reactions: BIG WOOD
Name
Nate W.
Matt is the only guy who can make a mountain out of a anthill.. :clap:

I tend to only make what I'll use for the day.. I like to keep fresh product.. Doesn't matter if it's prespray or rinse..

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Matt is the only guy who can make a mountain out of a anthill.. :clap:

I tend to only make what I'll use for the day.. I like to keep fresh product.. Doesn't matter if it's prespray or rinse..
I can always count on you for priceless advice. Thanks douche

I don't use my acid rinse like you guys do. So it stays in the jug longer than normal

• Love
Reactions: Nate The Great

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
The acids used in acid rinse agents are "fruit based" (glycolic aka hydroxyacetic, citric, etc) and are all food for microorganisms.

You can mix as little as you can for a day, then rinse your jug between uses. That's time consuming and a PITA I know.

My concern with adding disinfectant products is compatibility:

Disinfectants that are dilutable are nearly always cationic, and will make a clogging sludge in your chemical system that will make you miss the black slime. Most are also alkaline in nature, and will remove the acidic character of your rinse that you'd prefer to have.

In any event, it is an issue, and one I wish I could give you a better answer for in the way of a solution Matt.

Reactions: BIG WOOD and Rick J

Luky

Name
Mario
Is there a little anti-microbial juice I can put in it to help keep it from growing without interfering with my acid juice?
I've seen a few messed up containers with an acidic rinse/ emulsifier( not on my truck). The reason for a chemical reaction in the jug
( not necessarily mildew) can be different brands of rinse and the temperature factor, and that causes slime on the walls of the jug. The acid jug in my van sits between the front seats leaning against the SS waste tank. I rinse the five gallons jug once a month, but I haven't seen any deposits or sediments inside the container yet. I use five gallons of rinse in one week, every week, with chemical metering set to 3-5.
The dilution is relatively weak, and I use Prochem Axiom rinse to freshen up the carpet and leave a fresh scent( less than a quart of rinse for a five-gallon jug. I advise you to flush the jug if you experiment with various manufacturers thoroughly. The light anti-microbial treatment of your choice wouldn't hurt either. I carry Mediclean, Microban, and some Odorcide. How heavy are you on rinse? Do you switch between an acidic rinse and an emulsifier jug using the same tube? Is your screen/ filter on the bottom of the jug covered with slime? It would be helpful to see what's forming in the jug.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom