Microseal

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Constructive criticism is good, ya just gotta sort the chaff from the crap.

Until this thread, I must admit I had never heard of this product.

Thank you for enlightening a mushroom. shiteatinggrin

And some people wonder why more suppliers don't comment on forums. thathurts

Shorty down under.

MicroSeal

Zalan Szabo (zee) said:
MicroSeal said:
joeynbgky said:
The fact of the matter is this..........

You are telling us we cannot buy your product direct to use in our customers homes?

You have to buy a franchise?

I would like to challenge you...... I can buy products. (there are many) that will in fact work and perform better than your products? Why? Because there are alot of other companies researching and producing more than you. You see how all of us are bitchy? the manufactuers listen and make the best products..

I also know this............... I have someone i know who owns a carpet cleaning company. Also getting ready to take over some of your companys accounts in Nashville.. oops..... did i say that? Some secret testing has been going on from what i hear, and 4 other products out performed yours. This is just what i am hearing........... I have no dealings with it.

Anything else?

Joey,
Thank you for the heads up on "some secret testing" you heard about. Reminds me of my college football days when the DB would line up in front of me and tell me what he was gonna do to me...and then I'd kick his ass...but I'm older now so please, please, Mr. Secret carpet cleaning company in Nashville, don't hurt me!...

Perhaps this is what chaps guys- the attitude.

Zalan, Zalan,
The game of football and and the business world can get rough at times. The good news is your competitor puts his pants on one leg at a time, and on any given day...
Evidently though, judging by your posts, you put your chapstick on two lips at a time. That's not good. You might want to change that if for appearance sake only.

MicroSeal

Hey Shorty from Down Under!

Do you know Dusty Roberts by chance? He was just your way a few weeks ago.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Bought a Rugbadger off him about 4-5 years ago.

Dusty & Daytona spent a week or so with us in Cairns 2-3 years ago.

Missed him in Oz this year but spent time with Aaron Groseclose and Ellen Amirkhan.

Seen Dusty at Connections last year.

Shorty down under. :roll:

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
joeynbgky said:

You are telling us we cannot buy your product direct to use in our customers homes?

I would like to challenge you...... I can buy products. (there are many) that will in fact work and perform better than your products? Why? Because there are alot of other companies researching and producing more than you. You see how all of us are bitchy? the manufactuers listen and make the best products..

I also know this............... I have someone i know who owns a carpet cleaning company. Also getting ready to take over some of your companys accounts in Nashville.. oops..... did i say that? Some secret testing has been going on from what i hear, and 4 other products out performed yours. This is just what i am hearing........... I have no dealings with it.

Anything else?

Yeah really. $5000 for the privilege to sell a chemical overspray in a customer's home that is no better than any other fabric protector already available to us with no franchise cost. Am I missing something?

Reactions: Ever-Fresh

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Art Kelley said:
joeynbgky said:

Anything else?

Yeah really. $5000 for the privilege to sell a chemical overspray in a customer's home that is no better than any other fabric protector already available to us with no franchise cost. Am I missing something?

I responded earlier to his lameass post about football/being tough/me being a softy with too much chapstick etc...decided to take it down. I am much better than that- getting into a pissing match with someone is way beneath me.
Last time I commented to this $5000.00 scam.

Reactions: Ever-Fresh

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
MicroSeal said:
Do you know Dusty Roberts by chance?

if it's the "Dusty" I'm thinking of....he doesn't garner a whole lot of respect around here, Lance
Probably not the best name to drop

He's got that "carnival barker" style and makes unrealistic claims of $7+ sf for every rug that comes in his shop.
Some of his claims of what he "implies" to routinely make washing rugs has been called into question .

in essence, a substantial amount here think he's just plain FOS

..L.T.A.

MicroSeal

Art,
Yes you are missing something.

Larry,
From my experience and what I've heard from others in the business, "respect" is not something many of this forum's users know about. Dusty Roberts has an excellent reputation. Like myself he is a decated businessman who sincerely cares about his customers and associates, knows them all by name. More importantly Dusty is a good family man who loves and spends time with his kids. Bad mouth him and you will hear from me.

Btw,
I don't accept $5,000 from people who are not qualified. The majority of people reading this post are not qualifed. Please don't apply.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
MicroSeal said:
Bad mouth him and you will hear from me.

dude, don't be dumbass.. :roll:

there's more than a few "high roller" rug folks here that actually mine gold from cleaning rugs, not hawking the gear .
Personally, i find much greater value in paying attention to them than a salesman

..L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Ken Snow said:
We've been known to clean a rug or 2 and last year we sold about 1.8 million in protectant and other topical treatments.

you're just DeeTroit white trash, Ken.
Our new friend Lance is trolling the boards fishing for hi-rollers :lol:

Not everyone qualifies , he's looking for candidates that fit the profile "just right" !gotcha!
You and Bryan might be a bit too biz savvy to be good prospects :lol:

..L.T.A.

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez
What is the difference between U and FiberSeal?
Other than market to high end designers? most carpet and fabric protectors regardless of manufacturers work, if applied properly.
What they sell is -a peace of mind contract- (service @ no charge for a year) to the high end consumer with a commission (lead fee) to the interior designer so you can get the lead.
I do not think there is anything wrong with this concept, you have a higher overhead and in order to be profitable you must charge more for your services.
Luis

dgargan

I doubt Lance is "trolling here" he's just defending his product. His product and opportunity is not for the average cleaner. It's mostly applied to new rugs and upholstery. You need to charge about $2.00 per sq foot to make a profit so having a high end business is almost required.

David

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
dgargan said:
I doubt Lance is "trolling here" he's just defending his product. His product and opportunity is not for the average cleaner. It's mostly applied to new rugs and upholstery. You need to charge about $2.00 per sq foot to make a profit so having a high end business is almost required.

David

I can dig that, Dave .

I don't think this thread went south til Lance didn't like some of the comments/questions from some pretty sharp operators.
He immediately cop'd a hardass "in your face" 'tude.

kind of unwise, if you ask me.

..L.T.A.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
dgargan said:

David

Why not use another product that is at least as good and free of exhorbitant fees? That's the way to build a high-end business.

It's not what you charge, but what you keep that matters.

Gman

I don't think they intend to collaborate with small cleaning businesses. I will say that one of my clients has it in the lobby of their building and the performance is phenomenal.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I don't think they intend to collaborate with small cleaning businesses. I will say that one of my clients has it in the lobby of their building and the performance is phenomenal.
You know you're asking a question in a thread that was from 2011.

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Mikey P

Administrator
Hi Josh,

MicroSeal sells exclusive territories that primarily target the interior design industry. Most of our Service Companies are medium to large carpet cleaners who also have rug cleaning plants.

I'm proud to work with people like Chris Amundsen who laid the groundwork of this company over 30 years ago in San Antonio, Diana S. of savannahaircraftinex.com in Savannah, Robert Pettyjohn of rugwasher.com in Wakeforest, Greg Turcotte and Tom Monahan of CentrumForce.com in Calgary, Canada and Ann Arbor, James Smith of DalworthClean.com in Dallas, John Browning of Procareofnashville.com in Nashville, Bill Pinckard of Orientalrugcleanerslv.com in Las Vegas, Cliff Tubbs of Prestigefabric.com in Fresno, Gerald Sichlinger of gbsdesigngroup.com, of London England, Gerardo Rodriguez of Microseal.com.mx of Monterey, Mexico and just recently Dusty Roberts of Rugbadger.com in Victoria, Canada... to name just a few (I know I'll get in trouble for leaving out some of my best associates and friends... :oops: ). Although to be successful usually requires more than a one man operation, there are exceptional individuals who can excel at - Business, Sales and Service.

Josh, I'm currently interviewing someone for Houston, but Houston is a big town and we don't have it covered yet.

If you are looking for a high profit margin, exciting high end business,...If you know you are a salesman, and can build / maintain relationships with people, please feel free to give me a call. And thank you for your interest.

Regards,

Lance LaShelle
GM
MicroSeal
Many of thosei listed jumped ship to Fiber Protector a few years later, including Howard Partridge

Ever-Fresh

Name
Jeff Paton
To be polite, I'll just say "I doubt you"...and some of your website's content.
By the way Micro
To be polite, I'll just say "I doubt you"...and some of your website's content.
Sounds more like MicroShill to me! I have watched too many products that have faded with time because they are over-promoted with all the finesse of Sham Wow.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Ever-Fresh

Name
Jeff Paton
I'm glad he responded in this thread. That was a good drama read. The Microseal gentleman was very defensive.
One only has to be overly defensive when one knows their product cannot live up to the hype. If a product is the truly the Bee's Knee's, you don't have to defend it. If it is that good, it will sweep the industry, if not, it will gather dust in the closet like the Shake Weight you bought off an infomercial in 1989.

Last edited:

Ever-Fresh

Name
Jeff Paton
Constructive criticism is good, ya just gotta sort the chaff from the crap.

Until this thread, I must admit I had never heard of this product.

Thank you for enlightening a mushroom. shiteatinggrin

And some people wonder why more suppliers don't comment on forums. thathurts

Shorty down under.
Translation: Your product is so unimpressive that no one has heard of it! Mushrooms do better in the dark.

Gman

You know you're asking a question in a thread that was from 2011.
Correction, I made a statement, not a question, and yes I knew the age of the thread. I was researching Microseal / Carpet Cleaners, and unfortunately this thread is about it. I've been in business since 1990 and seen a lot of protector jobs and this stuff is anything but 'unimpressive', just unaccesible.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Correction, I made a statement, not a question, and yes I knew the age of the thread. I was researching Microseal / Carpet Cleaners, and unfortunately this thread is about it. I've been in business since 1990 and seen a lot of protector jobs and this stuff is anything but 'unimpressive', just unaccesible.
Well, I'm glad thats all cleared up.

Reactions: Dr. Kleen

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I suggest everyone get in their hot tub time machine and go back to 2011 to fully understand.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom