Marmoleum question

Mikey P

Administrator
I am cleaning the carpet at my back this Saturday. They alos have a 1000 feet or so of Jimmy Ladwig tooth colored Marmoleum flooring.

It has the Marmoleum brand finish on it and looks pretty good but is lightly scuff and scratched.

What can I do with my OP/175 and pads to improve it's looks?

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
You can do a scrub and recoat. I use a used black or brown pad. Use any kind of finish you like. Do not uses regular floor striper! It will yellow or soften the flooring. You can use taski liniostrip if you want to try to take it all the way down.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
You could also spray buff / burnish but, you would want to use a high speed machine for best results. I hate Marmoleum! One of the flooring centers here was really pushing it a few years ago as green flooring. I have seen guys do some real damage to this stuff ether building up a ton of finish because they are afraid to strip or trying to strip with the stuff they use on VCT. I always end up trying to fix someone else’s mistakes on this stuff.

Mikey P

Administrator
I scrubbed it today with the CX and a gray pad w/ neutral cleaner, rinsed with a wand then buffed with a red pad.

pita.

6 months old and already lots of slices and gouges that a recoat wont fix.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom