Marketing our services

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Some will argue that it needs to be in the marketing room, but we'll see how it goes here.

For some like Tony, Steve and others, this type of work is their mainstream of what services they offer.

For others, like myself, it's maybe less than what we'd like.

So how do you find you get the word out best?

Personally I find word of mouth referrals from both private clients and retailers the best at bringing in new work.

I encourage that private sector referrals by sending out an quick tick and flick (with room for the to expand if wanted) questionaire and a number of business cards for them to give away.

The retailers are a fickle lot, they don't want to know you until YOU can help them or make them look good, or get them out of trouble. They are a trial of patience to get in there, but once in there, I find them pretty loyal.

The other thing is simply taking the blinkers off when you are in homes and letting clients KNOW taht you can fix their problems.

John

harryhides

Name
Tony
I'm terrible at marketing but I do seem to get a fairly continuous stream of work from Insurance adjusters, Retailers, Upholsterers and Property managers and even some referrals from regular folks.

I've done a few demos/talks for groups of various people and get a few jobs from my web-site. Often the "talks" to various groups seem like they were well received and then nothing sometimes for months then a situation crops up and then they remember you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom