Marketing Fails:

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
What have you guys tried that didn't work? I tried radio in my first few years. $2k/month for 4 months and one call. I had a sign at the same time as that "Got Milk" slogan with a sign on the side of the road that said "Got Dirt?" with my business info below it. Only 1 call again and this time the guy wanted to sell me dirt.

What have you guys tried?

187745808_4036725369746889_4262728566844205948_n.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Living The Dream

steve_64

The only ads that worked for me were half or whole page ads.
But I just spent $550 on 5 days from 5 to 6 leading up to 4th of July on a veteran themed 30 second ad.
I forgot to ask if they would mention I'm a veteran owned business. Going to try and get that added. Gennys idea.

Mikey P

Administrator
Oh, so nobody has a crappy, embarrassing type of marketing that they tried? I forgot, you assholes are perfect. Excuse me

Those 3' by 10" ads outside of super markets
Realtor new home owner folders
Golf score sheets
Google Ad words
FB ads
Gift certificates for grade school silent auctions

None embarrassing, but all worthless

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I used to advertise in local hockey programs for community hockey. Nice printed magazines that every parent through in the garbage when they got home. Only ever got one direct job from it. It does give you a community presence though for the few people that do read it.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
From my learnings of my younger years, I've been having fun turning down the ad salesmen that make up that stupid brochure for the golf communities that they give to the owners of the properties in those communities.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
certainly no advertising guru, but I see advertising as a long game

don't expect instant measurable results but collective
Driving a billboard box truck, and getting the facebook people to brag about your business publicly is instant results.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Driving a billboard box truck, and getting the facebook people to brag about your business publicly is instant results.
I pick up maybe 5 or so jobs a year, people seeing the van and approaching.. how many see the van and call 6 months later, dunno?

I'm still in yellow, small, older community (probably 1 more year then out)

did 18 months radio contract, noticed definite drop off at end of contract (it was paying for itself) but was understaffed on my commercial side so let it slide

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Mikey P

Administrator
Mentions and recommendations on Facebook local groups and Nextdoor is free and doing really well for me but that's all based on workmanship and personality It's not something you can buy

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom