Mailing List

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I am about to do a small Postcard campaign with Adeas printing. I’ll let you know how it goes. So far I am really impressed with their pricing and customer service. I may try buying a mailing list and pairing the message to a specific market. For example I could buy a list of pre-natal homes and market green cleaning. I was wondering which targeted demographic (new movers, income range, pets, kids, ect) you have found to be an ideal audience?

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I have been thinking about the post office new mailing for direct area .14 each on a route.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I think mailing are a great idea Mike if you can do at least 3 to each list/area 2-4 weeks apart for each mailing to get some repetitive message in the recipients. If your budget won't allow this consider something else.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I agree Ken. evev in print ads or money mailer type ads I find that the longer I am there the better the results.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
If I have to hit the same list 3 times with a postcard, each address is going to cost about $1.00. I guess it’s better than the yellow pages if I can get a 2-4% response rate. Do you think hitting that same houses with a door hanger sever times would yield similar results?

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Personally I think door hangers are a waste of money for our industry unless the 5 around type after cleaning for someone. 2-4% response rate would be very high for cold prospect mailings, better budget on 1-2 max and decide if it still works. Response rates tend to go up the longer you do it so maybe 2-4% is possible if you do 8 mailings a year.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
2500 addresses at a 1 % response rate with $250.00 average ticket =$5000.00 in work for a cost of $2500.00. The yellow pages are sounding better. YP advertising yields about a 3 to 1 gross return.

I think I could pay a chimp to distribute door hangers for around .06 each. Even with a response rate of 1/2 of a percent, after several distributions, the door hangers would be a much better ROI. Do you feel door hangers are a waste of money or are your chimps to scared to walk Detroit streets?

In an case, I hope to give both methods a fair shot in the fall or spring.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
We go by carrier route, it is a lot cheaper then sending to individual homes. What demographic depends on what kind of business you are or want to be, what kind of services you offer, no super special one that works for everyone.

Household income is the only variable we really look at.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom