Lurk, dude....what in the hell..

SamIam

Name
sam miller
When I was a coit chimp I was always at least 2 to 4 hours from help fixing my equipment, as well as a day or three of lost income.

My Mcgiver skills were greatly enhanced during that time in my life.

But that's Jim said my eye for detail is a few notches above most humans and s*** like that would drive me nuts..
My Santa Cruz guys will work with broken lopsided leaky or upside down equipment for weeks or months and not think anything of it but I'll stop mid job and work for an hour to keep from doing so...
Ya I only find out shits broke after I switch trucks and say when did this happen?

My guy Phil!!!!!

Oh ya I forgot!

Famous last words

Reactions: Mikey P and Nomad74

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Dude, I don’t blame her for being annoyed. She’s a helper, not your partner🤷🏻‍♂️Even my partner didn’t want to watch me fix anything. If she had to watch, she would try to take it out of my hand to speed it up. They’re not geared the same as us. You can’t #train em to be your equal in any fashion.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Dude, I don’t blame her for being annoyed. She’s a helper, not your partner🤷🏻‍♂️Even my partner didn’t want to watch me fix anything. If she had to watch, she would try to take it out of my hand to speed it up. They’re not geared the same as us. You can’t #train em to be your equal in any fashion.
I disagree. I need to know if things go wrong in the field they have the ability to fix and adapt. The going out of the way protest and defiant unwillingness to even pay attention pissed me off. Something as easy as changing out a swivel or QD should be as compulsory as running the truckmount.

Last edited:

FredC

Village Idiot
She looks at the schedule for the day, and gets target fixation. She doesn't see the four other things I have planned in my head that never made it to the printed schedule for the day. It drives her nuts and she actually becomes quite annoying to deal with.

Maybe those things should make it to the schedule.

I know I've been annoyed by a boss that thinks up things at the last minute I wasn't expecting.

Is she hourly? Why not have dedicated shop time every day time permitting?

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
from an employees point of view its an unneeded and unscheduled stop, and if they generally do decide to fix something its because they'd rather not do what is scheduled ie a 5 min fix takes an hour

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I disagree. I need to know if things go wrong in the field they have the ability to fix and adapt. The going out of the way protest and defiant unwillingness to even pay attention pissed me off. Something as easy as changing out a swivel or QD should be as compulsory as running the truckmount.

honeymoon's over.

I predicted,
within 6 months she'll either fall in love with you or hate you

appears heading for the latter

One thing employees hate, is not knowing the schedule .
One day they work a short day, the next they work a LONG day til done .
Not knowing if they'll be done by 3 or 7 sucks...period

was the day's schedule you had planed lengthened for her due to your OCD ??

you're already going to kill her working a petite woman like a man
(she'll have "stinging shoulders" by October)

and now you want her to play grease monkey too??

dude....you're an EEdeeought...

..L.T.A.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I’m too busy pressure washing my rug pit liner to justify my actions to a bunch of armchair quarterbacks. :)

0ADCF06D-D0C7-4DB7-A3B1-2F26AF9DAA0B.jpeg

Reactions: hogjowl and DAT

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I'd schedule some basic repairs/maintainance likely to be encountered in the field

the pressure is then off you as "this has to be done now" and she'll be more likely to be receptive than seeing it as "wth?"

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I'd hate to see him lose what appears to be a very good employee
(that are few and far between)
by remotely expecting any employee to be like him
( a workholic, ADHD owner/Op)

and if he ever finds someone that can be cloned to such, he'll lose them in a year or two ...as the clone he created will buy a TM and become his competitor

..L.T.A.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Good advice from the sheet rock hanger
But he’s right. Also, owner/operators Have to #learn to adapt to people/employees. They’re not gonna be you. But you can be a #leader
not a #driver. Leaders are in front, drivers are in back. A Shepard leads his flock, not drive them.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Don’t let the crew run the ship. I put up with a lot but some things I’m unwilling to bend on. Like refusal to learn something I’m trying ig to teach. I’m trying to put together a crew that can function while I’m in bed with the flu. Minor problem solving skills are a must.

Last edited:

FredC

Village Idiot
Don’t let the crew run the ship. I put up with a lot but some things I’m unwilling to bend on. Like refusal to learn something I’m tryig to teach. I’m tring to put together a crew that can function while I’m in bed with the flu. Minor problem solving skills are a must.
You may find her more receptive to learning if it is scheduled instead of something you tack on to the end of the day.

steve_64

I’m too busy pressure washing my rug pit liner to justify my actions to a bunch of armchair quarterbacks. :)

View attachment 92207
I bought that exact same hat 2 weeks ago for working in the yard.

Hope things keep working out for ya Damon.

We are back to 2 part time girls for janitorial side. Could use one more but things are running pretty smooth right now.

steve_64

You may find her more receptive to learning if it is scheduled instead of something you tack on to the end of the day.
Or pay time and a half.
Communication is key. I like doing occasional pep talks or bitch sessions. Need to know what their concerns are. Sometimes we don't communicate our ideas and thoughts to those around us and it helps everyone to know each other's expectations and goals. But you can't be an asshat when you do that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom