Lots of fun today

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Did a regular annual job today in a 4 story condo building with massive hallways. Each one is aprox 200 feet long, 3 sets of stairs with about 140 steps. Have to park almost 75 feet from the doorway. Running 370 feet of hose from my little astro van CDS unit. Not much vacuum left at the other end but still better than a portable. New helper today by the name of Tyler. Not as pretty as Macy but showed up on time and worked pretty hard. I'll have him for 3 more similar jobs next week. Next year, I am encapping this mess. Carpet is so old and worn, the wand chatters and bounces all over the place.

IMG_20190918_161219.jpg IMG_20190919_121927.jpg IMG_20190919_112332.jpg

Name
Jeff T
I hate long hose runs. It takes me an hour to set up for a job that I’m doing weekend after this one.
I run 400’, the first 250 are 2.5, then 2 all the way to the wand.
I usually take 2 weekends to do this job, BUT.... they want it done in a day..
I’ll be on site at 5:30, and start pulling hoses by 6 am when the building manager gets there...
It’s one of our favourite jobs, as the lady is truly great to work for....
She usually brings us a specialty coffee at 9 AM...
It is what it is......
I would LOVE to encap, but the dork that used to take care of it fooked that up for us by using a high PH HWE Chem with a Cimex....
She is adamant that we use the TM....
Oh well.....

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Had a good talk with the strata president and she's good with the encap concept. She trusts me. We'll skip the stairs unless I figure out a way to do them without breaking my back.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Looks like a job for a Zipper.
Stairs hurt your Back?
maybe try a longer stair tool if you are tall or get knee pads so you can be on the correct stair for the correct posture.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Looks like a job for a Zipper.
Stairs hurt your Back?
maybe try a longer stair tool if you are tall or get knee pads so you can be on the correct stair for the correct posture.
The Zipper works well on these jobs if you have a qualified helper. This guy's a newbie but if I can get him enough work I will train him. I have a longer stair tool but after 150 stairs, the length doesn't matter anymore. It still hurts.

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
The Zipper works well on these jobs if you have a qualified helper. This guy's a newbie but if I can get him enough work I will train him. I have a longer stair tool but after 150 stairs, the length doesn't matter anymore. It still hurts.
with a Zipper-- a 2 man crew, u might want to try the firemen technique. have the helper manage the hose about 6 ft behind you as you both move forward and back, he will occasionally leave to pull the excess hose to the net floor and begin setting up there.
as for the stairs-- have the newbie do some of them while you manage some of the excess hose.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cleanworks

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
with a Zipper-- a 2 man crew, u might want to try the firemen technique. have the helper manage the hose about 6 ft behind you as you both move forward and back, he will occasionally leave to pull the excess hose to the net floor and begin setting up there.
as for the stairs-- have the newbie do some of them while you manage some of the excess hose.
I am having trouble removing the mental picture of that procedure from my head :winky:

Wouldn't it be just simpler to use a handheld old fashioned stair tool?

I know, I know.....it cleans great, needs only one person and is simple.............................but hey, no one is perfect.

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
I am having trouble removing the mental picture of that procedure from my head :winky:

Wouldn't it be just simpler to use a handheld old fashioned stair tool?

I know, I know.....it cleans great, needs only one person and is simple.............................but hey, no one is perfect.
Geez-- let me clarify-- 2 person for the long halls-- not on the stairs-- unless your into spooning with the tech--
will this be Damon's new stair technique? :eekk::lol:

Reactions: Cleanworks
Name
Jeff T
I don’t know If we are quite at this point....
But maybe close...
Mind you, I haven’t met Matry in person.....
YET...

2AB5AB83-8AF3-46F6-BD25-7F78AD69CBFF.png

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom