Logo Draft, Opinions please

WaterBear

What do you think?

wb.jpg

It's supposed to say cleaning and restoration on the bottom, he's going to fix that. Tell me what you think about the general idea. That would be much appreciated. Have a good one all.

WaterBear

ya, that's what we told the graphic designer because I don't think the "water bear" would be ledgeable on the side of the truck. We want something more bold. Thanks for the advice.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Bolder lettering with the rain drop bear between water and bear the have the water and fire damage rounded around the bottom of the rain drop

Billy

Name
BH
I like the Bear HM I guess I could be a little biased though. :wink:

Jimbo

I was going to say it looks fairly gay also...but hey, your in Corvallis...it might work well!

ShawnB

I like the color scheme, the bear looks pissed off though. The font is also tough to read.

Not as friendly looking as some of the other bears roaming around ;)

Lora Olson

Jimbo said:
I was going to say it looks fairly gay also...but hey, your in Corvallis...it might work well!

Funny Jim...I was thinking the exact thing....I'm from the NW area, and you're pretty much dead on with Corvallis! :lol: LOTS of tree-huggers... :p

As for the logo, I was in the printing industry for 10 years, and my suggestion, for what it's worth, is that the bear is in your name, but it's not what you do. If you can put more of what you do in your logo, it will help with immediate recognition and will start building a "brand" for your company. People will associate you with that bear, but also, will remember little icons of water, fire, wind, that kind of thing, around the bear, which will help you and your business to grow.

Also, for cost, you already are running a four color piece, and four color is much more expensive to print than two (even though it looks two color, I think with all of the shading in there, they'll have to print it four color, might be wrong as I haven' seen the native file).

Anyway, now days, you can get great business cards for pretty cheap that are 4 color and 14pt cardboard (almost), with shinny laminate on front that looks kick ass! I used to sell 1000 cards for $79 (not including graphic design). But printing everything else in 4-color can get pricy(letterhead, eps, etc.).

So, something to consider. If you are going to go full color (that what's really called 4-color in the printing industry)...then you might want to think putting a lot of more colors around the bear, red and orange fire, blue water, em...some other color for the wind (can't think of one), to bring more attention to the logo that says what you do, without words. Also, you could have two versions of your logo, one full color, and one two color for stuff like letterhead and eps (if $$ is an issue).

Also, might want to re-think the font. It's a little scripty for a logo from a company with a lot of "big tough guys" coming in to save the day for someone who is ass deep in water in their "castle". Maybe should be a little bolder and strong?? Just my opinion.

WaterBear

thank you all very much, you've been so helpful. I will definitely take what you've said into consideration. Gayness, font scripting, and amount of colors. That's all great critiquing. Thanks again!
-Francisco

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom