Lockhart, Bruders, Jim Martin and Thom...

Mikey P

Administrator
Thanks for the help today boys helping me to getting to the bottom of my V ghost that keeps shutting her down.

Bill, please send these off to Thom

02003.jpg

02004.jpg

02005.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
be willing to bet you that every one of those plastic cheap spade clips wobble around....

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Well, I see one issue that may not be causing trouble now, but probably will in the future. It has bitten me before (part of my 'other job' involves building control/instrumentation panels). In the last picture, it looks like the conductors on the top side of the terminal strip are solid (unlike the bottom ones, which are stranded). In general it is a bad idea to use crimp lugs with solid wire, as vibration will eventually loosen the connection. Some lugs are listed for solid wire, but you MUST use the correct crimper. Look at the purple wire, labeled #8. It runs from the terminal block to the relay on the right, where it terminates to a 'disconnect' crimp terminal (this type of terminal pushes on to the relay tab). Note this warning from Thomas&Betts website - they are one of the biggest makers of these type of terminals:

Are your terminals, splices, and disconnects listed for stranded and solid wire?

You can use both stranded or solid wire on our insulated rings and forks from #26AWG up to #10AWG, our non-insulated rings and forks from #22AWG up to #8AWG, and splices up to #10AWG. Our disconnects are for stranded wire only.

In any environment subject to vibration or moisture, solid wire and crimp lugs will eventually cause you trouble. Possible fixes include soldering the lugs to the wires, or (obviously) replacing the solid wires with stranded.

Mikey P

Administrator
Unit was and possibly still is shutting down at random moments

and sometimes the PTO will not engage with out giving the control panel a good swift kick.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Mikey P said:
Unit was and possibly still is shutting down at random moments

and sometimes the PTO will not engage with out giving the control panel a good swift kick.

maybe Marty can hep????

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
that's what I told him......switch contacts sticking or a relay sticking.....maybe something loose.....if you can pound the panel and then it works again something is sticking or loose......

If you look at the back of the switch block and you can see the contacts moving in and out....( under power...not turned off..they may not stick if they don't have 12 volts heating them up )..then I would start isolating the relays..........

gasaxe

check your grounds. looks like the green wires come off of a ground block. check the one that goes away from the panel to see if it is loose or needs cleaned up wherever it is grounded at. also check all the screws on that block to see if they are tight.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
yes but that is an old pic he switched that contact block of the pushbutton with the apo cb. that is no longer like that. he has also switched out the two relays. only electrical items not checked that i can think of is the rollar or limit switch that moniter rpms.

mikey i think you should locate the rollar switch and wire through the switch (connect both sides as we did the other) just dont let anyone use the machine other than u and make sure that you are at idle when starting the machine up and you are at idle and use the pto disengage momentary to turn her off.

i do not know where the rollar/limit switch is as on the 777 we do not have one and have not seen you truck. jim martin should be able to locate switch farely easily though and let us know whenever he gets a chance to do so.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom