Linen upholstery.

Mikey P

Administrator
How do you deal with subtle soiling when the typical " linen" (!beige) color gets so dark when it gets wet, do you :

-Only clean in plant, touch up when dry.

- Force dry in the client's home.

-Go back and touch up, if needed..

-Sorry mam, thens permanent.

Reactions: Bryce C and SamIam

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
When I get a plant to clean it in…I’ll clean it.

Until then, I don’t clean

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
How do you deal with subtle soiling when the typical " linen" (!beige) color gets so dark when it gets wet, do you :

Spray some encap on bonnet and give it a handy.

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

It's hard to tell when it's clean. Good prespray, thorough scrub, rinse evenly and do multiple dry passes. Use fans. Do the worst pieces first, often they will be dry before you leave.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Had that last week, lol... when I got home, I had diarreah.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
We just has two linen-with-crewel-work chairs come in. We don't do much upholstery in the shop anymore, so someone in the office must have had an idea these would be trouble.

They were browned out so badly that they looked burnt. I asked the drivers why they'd bothered to bring them in, they said the customer understood that there wasn't much chance of saving them and paid in advance.

Took two weeks, but they went back today looking great. Our tech lost his butt over making it a personal quest to fix them. Hopefully the customer is grateful enough to post a good review and we can reward him for that.

Mikey P

Administrator
We just has two linen-with-crewel-work chairs come in. We don't do much upholstery in the shop anymore, so someone in the office must have had an idea these would be trouble.

They were browned out so badly that they looked burnt. I asked the drivers why they'd bothered to bring them in, they said the customer understood that there wasn't much chance of saving them and paid in advance.

Took two weeks, but they went back today looking great. Our tech lost his butt over making it a personal quest to fix them. Hopefully the customer is grateful enough to post a good review and we can reward him for that.
and no pics...

Reactions: The Great Oz

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I could look up the before pics, but I didn't see the chairs after cleaning until they were loaded in the delivery truck. I wasn't digging them back out to take a photo. Now I'm not going to bother posting the before pics since that would just invite more trolling.

Reactions: Mikey P

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I could look up the before pics, but I didn't see the chairs after cleaning until they were loaded in the delivery truck. I wasn't digging them back out to take a photo. Now I'm not going to bother posting the before pics since that would just invite more trolling.
Come on. You can take it.

Reactions: Mikey P

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Actually, I should have thought about the pictures. Not as proof, just as an example of a 'total loss' situation that was actually fixable.

The tech won't do it again on his dime, and our actual time cost would have been more than replacement, so I would still reject the next one.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I warned the guy, pissed on all the frames and the dogs use it as a bed.

Thought it looked bitchen until it didn't.

3 seat cushions streaked.

He was an ex cleaner and swore he was replacing it just do.your best.

I got the pee stains off frames came out great.

I told him throw those last cushions in the washer with oxydol. And put them back on the foam to dry.

20220301_125739.jpg 20220301_110656.jpg 20220301_123957.jpg 20220301_115236.jpg 20220301_123949.jpg

SamIam

Name
sam miller
former cleaner buys linen uph.....hmmmm
Dude bought a sale boat in England and sailed it back to east coast had it shipped to Marina del Rey.

He's on 2 nd marriage and is doing fine.

He builds pools for a living.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom