LGR's vs Dessicants

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
So 95% of my wdr is small scale residential and I have 3 LGR's, just curious as to the viability/benefit of adding a dessicant dehu into my mix?

I understand how they work differently and the dessicant will still work in lower temps producing drier air

Do the AHAM ratings only tell part of the story so to speak if you were to compare them side by side?

Looking at the PHNX R250 VS PHNX D385
@Desk Jockey red beats blue :shifty:

20190411_200823.jpg20190411_200755.jpg

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Desiccants are cool machines to have and prior to LGR's almost a necessity.

They can create very low grains (super dry) air that pull bound moisture from difficult to dry materials. Great for hardwood, plaster, concrete, low heat situations.

I feel they are a speciality tool. You would probably be better suited with adding heat to your drying. Those RED guys have a couple of nice units for that.

The Firebird compact is pretty handy little guy that still packs a punch for several rooms. The bigger Firebirds are great for entire floors or for temp heating a house when the furnace is down.

Heat can cause the same kind of results that a desiccant can, just without the grain depression.

Check them out, you might like that option.

RED never beats BLUE! 😉

Reactions: Hack Attack

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Cool thanks, that was what I thought

I was wondering if I was missing something when looking at the xactimate rate (not that we have xactimate here) and wondering why you can charge more than double for a machine that at AHAM doesn't remove as much?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It's a much more expensive piece of equipment. Special use, maybe twice the cost.

The draw back for using it more was always ducting the react air outside. It can be hard with sealed buildings and security issues. You can use restroom fan ducting if close enough. Dryer vent ductwork if close enough or windows if you fab a secure manifold.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hack Attack

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom