Let's hear your ideas for the ultimate carpet cleaning wand

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
The Perfect Wand.
Standard S bend. Low flow. 100% Titanium. Internal fit glide. Non metal low profile assist handle with hidden fasteners. Solution hose from valve to manifold and the manifold tucked out of the way of contact with doors or door jambs when cleaning out of a room. No chunky metal solution hose splitters halfway down the tube. Maybe two hoses straight from valve. No foam on handgrip or assist handle. No swivel. No sight glass. Diameter doesn’t matter to me. Yet.

Also. This wand should come with a well trained technician that will work like a dog for you. That would be perfect.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
A silicon or rubbery wand sleeve. Grip makes a huge difference in how hard I squeeze my hand to hold the wand. If I have a easy grip I don't have to squeeze so hard, makes it easier on the forearm and the elbow.

Reactions: Giorgio

FredC

Village Idiot
It should be glideless. Maybe some tungsten carbide/Ni lips or something. That way you don't have to worry about it leaking air, flattening with use, or having to pay crazy prices for teflon sticks

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I'm really liking my dev with a hybrid glide.

My sapphire 14 rarely is getting any use.

And my mach 15 and prochem ti are in the shed.

How much do you think those wands all cost?????

I'll wait.....

Last edited:
Reactions: hogjowl

SamIam

Name
sam miller
That was before Stopped selling to him and he promoted a Dang wand and got wrecked.

I think meg took a shot saying she needed Cobbs sealer, and it came late hahaha.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
If you think a wand makes you a better cleaner!

You shouldn't clean.

Your customers dont line up asking what wand do you have???.

Saigers uses this!

Dog chasing tail over and over.

Last edited:
Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
If I were you, I'd keep running cruise control on selling your overpriced wand accessories and just expand your products. I wouldn't fool with designing a new wand. Waste of time, money (I doubt you're spending any of your money on this), and effort.

First question I ask every time a new tool comes out: Will this tool make me any more money?
Second question: Will it save me time on the job? (another form of money saved)
Third question: Will it save my body stress?
Fourth question: Will it improve the quality over the current tool I use?

Main reason why I never bought a swivel wand. None of those 4 questions could honestly say yes.

If your new fancy cadillac wand can't say yes to ALL 4 of those questions, no exceptions, then it's just another forum bragging tool hobby to sell.

Mikey P

Administrator
First question I ask every time a new tool comes out: Will this tool make me any more money?
Second question: Will it save me time on the job? (another form of money saved)
Third question: Will it save my body stress?
Fourth question: Will it improve the quality over the current tool I use?

Apparently you failed to ask yourself these questions in regards to that POS Blueline...

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Apparently you failed to ask yourself these questions in regards to that POS Blueline...
You're right. It failed my list of questions, because I got false answers from the seller I trusted

My original goal of that purchase was to prevent any downtime from my main machine and truck needing future repairs.

That's not related to any purchase of the next flavor of the month tool

Mikey P

Administrator
You're right. It failed my list of questions, because I got false answers from the seller I trusted

My original goal of that purchase was to prevent any downtime from my main machine and truck needing future repairs.

That's not related to any purchase of the next flavor of the month tool
Matt there are new people entering this industry all the time and many of them want to buy quality tools?

Im already selling a surprising amount of wands, ya know..

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
P.T said it best... Since 76 so many crap products marketed -money cashed in and dust collectors in Garages and trucks...Buyer Beware...Matrix Defender great concept -crappy made...An the list goes on and on...

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
First off if you say it's anything currently being made or been made in the past you're an idiot and I don't want your opinion.

Head size and shape, vacuum tube size, jetting jetting placement, metallurgy, anything unique about the handle or trigger, how the Glide attaches extra features such as windows, swivels, curb feelers, vibrating brushes etc
One that is no higher than $1000, isn’t titanium for the wimps, and has a glide that lasts more than 6 months

Mikey P

Administrator
One that is no higher than $1000, isn’t titanium for the wimps, and has a glide that lasts more than 6 months

Feel free to buy a Delran glide Matt, your complaint threads will be worth the loss of income, which is puzzling since you havent bought a Glide from me according to my QB records.

So where are you getting glides for your PCTI?

As far as sub $1k wands

Im selling lots of modified AWs at $600.
They are easy to sell because I use and love mine.

Comfortable.
Durable.
4 flow, two jet impact is ideal for most of my light soil client base.
Can easily be changed to 6 or 8 flow for frog nasties.
Great for furnished homes.
Shocking dry times with 4 flow.
Cheap, like you.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I've been puzzled that carpet wands haven't been given the attention that upholstery tools have, for an example.

While I hadn't been a fan of the Evolution Wand, I give credit where due that there was an attempt made to improve airflow with that design.

With due personal and professional respect to the inventor, the Stryer wand didn't make the grade at all.

I don't see much interest in truck mount manufacturer's doing anything innovative now, so it would be good to see someone do something innovative and truly user friendly for what is probably the most important tool used by a HWE carpet cleaner.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I've been puzzled that carpet wands haven't been given the attention that upholstery tools have, for an example.

While I hadn't been a fan of the Evolution Wand, I give credit where due that there was an attempt made to improve airflow with that design.

With due personal and professional respect to the inventor, the Stryer wand didn't make the grade at all.

I don't see much interest in truck mount manufacturer's doing anything innovative now, so it would be good to see someone do something innovative and truly user friendly for what is probably the most important tool used by a HWE carpet cleaner.
They did it's called a sapphire wand designed by, Studebaker.

Some guys really liked it.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
They did it's called a sapphire wand designed by, Studebaker.

Some guys really liked it.

That's the Stryker

I understood the concept, and the ball flow control had merit, but the other limitations kept it from making a penetration in the market.

Keith did a fantastic job on the Upholstery Pro, as well as the downdraft airmover concept.

Reactions: JS41035 and SamIam

SamIam

Name
sam miller
The Perfect Wand.
Standard S bend. Low flow. 100% Titanium. Internal fit glide. Non metal low profile assist handle with hidden fasteners. Solution hose from valve to manifold and the manifold tucked out of the way of contact with doors or door jambs when cleaning out of a room. No chunky metal solution hose splitters halfway down the tube. Maybe two hoses straight from valve. No foam on handgrip or assist handle. No swivel. No sight glass. Diameter doesn’t matter to me. Yet.

Also. This wand should come with a well trained technician that will work like a dog for you. That would be perfect.
Most guys running handles like prochem ti or Dave's handle use a holed glide.

A slot on that wand or a Devastator, would break your shoulder with a handle.

Mikey P

Administrator

Did you ever try the evolution with my Wide Glide and adjusted spray manifold set up on it?

Mikey P

Administrator
This Canadian LOVES his new wand.. received_896931391519561.jpeg

Reactions: Giorgio

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Did you ever try the evolution with my Wide Glide and adjusted spray manifold set up on it?

No, I haven't.

I was speaking historically as a means to show that I don't think we can expect the large machine manufacturers to solve the problem.

I'm interested to see how the Sharpshooter wand with a glide will work.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom