Lead generation

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Anyone know about this company? They are blowing up the FB groups with their ads. I clicked the link and watched the video. I might sign up for it. I noticed on their website they list a Folsom Ca address. I googled the address and it looks like a may be a virtual office with multiple businesses. @FredC what do your feelers feel?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Anyone know about this company? They are blowing up the FB groups with their ads. I clicked the link and watched the video. I might sign up for it. I noticed on their website they list a Folsom Ca address. I googled the address and it looks like a may be a virtual office with multiple businesses. @FredC what do your feelers feel?

You are working 7 days a week as it is. Why would you pay for this type of service?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
2nd van coming online.
I still don't think you need to pay for that service. Once your tech is trained to go alone, you'll have plenty of days for him to ride off on his stallion to clean your empties, and when you're not on full, put the wand in his hand and take a break

FredC

Village Idiot
What do you want to know? You are effectively paying someone a premium to run ads on your behalf.

Some services are better than others in that they are more creative in ad content but I don't know anything about this company/two guys. There is certainly an art to getting higher CTRs with content/ads but most generating services aren't artists they are just ad buyers with some generic relative ad content.

I didn't really look at what they do but with the more or less centralized internet focused around facebook and google these days it is either just sponsored/boosted post or adwords and not some secret well but they may be great at it. From a quick glance at the site they use call rail for tracking meaning they have a tracking phone number on the ads that in turn forwards calls to your number. Nothing wrong with that really just know that it is also likely that "You" aren't being advertised. So you likely have generic ads/content with a number they control. Not sure how much that matters.

Is it worth it? Idk...do you suck at creating ads yourself or lack the time?

*There are methods out there that are detrimental for instance creating a new site for "carpet cleaner in X" with the tracking phone number attached. Sometimes they are branded as "you" and sometimes not. Branded as you can **** things up as happened in the servicemagic days of yore. Generic not as bad but establishes another entity in the area that they just cycle through cleaners. Both of these are more work with generally less benefit so it is unlikely they do either.

Reactions: Mikey P

Vacman

Name
Vernon Purcell
Its just that I have been in the carpet cleaning business for 32 years, about 10 years ago I tried a different marketing approach with very little success but tried it again in January and it rocks very low-cost instant results. I will only have to do it twice now until next year.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
What do you want to know? You are effectively paying someone a premium to run ads on your behalf.

Some services are better than others in that they are more creative in ad content but I don't know anything about this company/two guys. There is certainly an art to getting higher CTRs with content/ads but most generating services aren't artists they are just ad buyers with some generic relative ad content.

I didn't really look at what they do but with the more or less centralized internet focused around facebook and google these days it is either just sponsored/boosted post or adwords and not some secret well but they may be great at it. From a quick glance at the site they use call rail for tracking meaning they have a tracking phone number on the ads that in turn forwards calls to your number. Nothing wrong with that really just know that it is also likely that "You" aren't being advertised. So you likely have generic ads/content with a number they control. Not sure how much that matters.

Is it worth it? Idk...do you suck at creating ads yourself or lack the time?

*There are methods out there that are detrimental for instance creating a new site for "carpet cleaner in X" with the tracking phone number attached. Sometimes they are branded as "you" and sometimes not. Branded as you can **** things up as happened in the servicemagic days of yore. Generic not as bad but establishes another entity in the area that they just cycle through cleaners. Both of these are more work with generally less benefit so it is unlikely they do either.
I know you delve into this stuff at times. I was just checking to see if you had any insight. Thanks. I appreciate it.

Although l’m busy enough to keep going with a helper, I feel the oressue now to keep things going and I want to get another van out there as well. I haven’t done any advertising in about 2 years so I figured Its time to pour some gas on the fire.
I’ll let you know what I do and how jt goes.

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The issue I have with these marketers isn't can they give your company more exposure. I'm sure they can, and with enough exposure to the right target I'm sure they can drive calls your way.

I have problem with the cost to do it. Placing Google ads is easy to do and once a plan is in place just takes a few minutes to tweak and adjust. Many of these companies are going to charge you $1,000.00-$1,500.00 a month but only spend $200.00-$300.00 on the ads.

Learn to do it yourself or pay a college kid to do it for you. It's just like Facebook marketing with fewer restrictions.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
The issue I have with these marketers isn't can they give your company more exposure. I'm sure they can, and with enough exposure to the right target I'm sure they can drive calls your way.

I have problem with the cost to do it. Placing Google ads is easy to do and once a plan is in place just takes a few minutes to tweak and adjust. Many of these companies are going to charge you $1,000.00-$1,500.00 a month but only spend $200.00-$300.00 on the ads.

Learn to do it yourself or pay a college kid to do it for you. It's just like Facebook marketing with fewer restrictions.
I have Google ads working away and i do well with my organic google stuff. But man the google adword stuff is so confusing. Honestly it may be simple for some but I have an extremely hard time with it all. I guess I’m lucky to have done as well as I’ve done. I blame it on doing good work.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I have Google ads working away and i do well with my organic google stuff. But man the google adword stuff is so confusing. Honestly it may be simple for some but I have an extremely hard time with it all. I guess I’m lucky to have done as well as I’ve done. I blame it on doing good work.
You figured out options trading which is far more important. I'm sure if you checked out a few videos you'd get the adwords.

If you go with one of those other marketers go month by month. Results are going to take several months to notice but don't sign any long contracts.

Reactions: Nomad74

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
I have paid for ad service before. 3 times.For maybe a total of 6 months. Because i didn’t want to do it. The ads generated business. The cost was 1000 plus a month. I’ve never done it on my own. But on the other hand. I’ve stayed busy without advertising. 13 years now. Point is. How much was the ad service really worth? Maybe I should do it myself and keep it going. Like you @Nomad74 I’ll throw a couple of thousand at an options trade but hold back on doing my own ads. You can run FB ads for a few hundies month. I’ll loose and hundred here and there on a swing trade. I’m talking to myself as a much as I am to you right now. I have two trucks now I’m running them both in a matter of months. It’s going to be here quick. I am going to run my on ads. I am paying for the ad design but not the ad management. I’d like to be off the truck by 50 and only on the phone. By 55 maybe the business will be 3-4 trucks with an office manager. I have drug my feet on expanding long enough.

Reactions: roro

BFC Nick

Name
Nick Torok

Today I searched Craigslist- carpet cleaning under "gigs" and came across dozens and dozens fads for a company called Tülogy. Basically a company that puts you in front of customers who are actively searching for a bid under the umbrella of 'home services.'
I saw that it was an app too, so I read a bunch of reviews (largely consumer reviews) who all swear by it and say it's the next big thing. Probably seeded reviews, but I already came across 3 jobs, all of which are further than I'm going. I haven't paid anything, although it did pimp me for my credit card info if I wanted "5X the results!!" by having been background checked. There was a window for the CC information, but nothing to indicate what you'll be charged once you hit submit. Further research into the matter shows that it's not a scam website at all. O'll be keeping my finger on the pulse of this one. Just in case. I did a keyword search for Tülogy here and got nothing. I imagine they'll charge a hefty fee to either the customer, the pro, or both.

Vacman

Name
Vernon Purcell
You have to pay for your business somehow, its a matter of how much. There are ways to keep that cost down, but it will depend on how long you have been in business and how big your client list is.

Reactions: roro and Nomad74

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom