late night tile and grout cleaning

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I am bidding on a job in a restaurant to clean their tile and grout. Aprox 1500 sqft. Can't use the truck mount due to noise regulations, (midnight to 5 am) only time I can clean it. What would be your preferred method? Chems and equipment. Need to have the floors dry and ready to go at 5 am sharp.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
409 and a roll of paper towels.

Post some pictures for cripes sakes

IMG_20180924_164939.jpg

Reactions: todg

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
prespray, 175 with brush, grout lines by hand, high as psi rinse as what your porty will do
I can do 12-1500 psi with a porty but it lacks the capacity to hold a lot in the recovery tank especially with the foam I will produce. I have all sorts of 175's, crb's but none seem like they will really get into the grout lines. I don't want to hand scrub the grout lines in a 1500 square foot facility. Maybe I will have to set up my monster porty with an auto pumpout and high pressure pump. Just means 4 separate circuits. Pain in the ass. I am quoting $1500 for cleaning and sealing but really don't want to work that hard. Doesn't anybody make some kind of staggered brush that will get into grout lines?

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
I can do 12-1500 psi with a porty but it lacks the capacity to hold a lot in the recovery tank especially with the foam I will produce. I have all sorts of 175's, crb's but none seem like they will really get into the grout lines. I don't want to hand scrub the grout lines in a 1500 square foot facility. Maybe I will have to set up my monster porty with an auto pumpout and high pressure pump. Just means 4 separate circuits. Pain in the ass. I am quoting $1500 for cleaning and sealing but really don't want to work that hard. Doesn't anybody make some kind of staggered brush that will get into grout lines?
powerflite nylo grot blue brush. i use it on 175

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
That looks interesting. Will it get into the grout lines?

yes sir. im ready too replace mine its almost 2yrs old. so bristles are almost half the length.

plus mine are flared out from adding weight when floor stripping.

i heard the hard bristles black brush is just too stiff and aggressive to be good use.

blue brush is worth its weight in gold.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
yes sir. im ready too replace mine its almost 2yrs old. so bristles are almost half the length.

plus mine are flared out from adding weight when floor stripping.

i heard the hard bristles black brush is just too stiff and aggressive to be good use.

blue brush is worth its weight in gold.
I'll pick one up and give it a try. I have a powwrflite multiwash that I can use to pick up the slurry and neutralize. That might be the right combo.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Get a blue or green carwashing brush on an extendable handle, too. It will let you mop/brush coving, corners and awkward areas with a nice strong degreaser. Avoid butyl, it messes paint up. Use a ball valve to click on your supply line to rinse with piping hot water at ranges you can’t get to with your machine.

For supply, you’ll find plenty of circuits. If you are worried, carry a 240/12O splitter. The coffee machine, the microwaves, the reefer, a plug in the hall, all different circuits.

I love kitchens IF the grout isn’t rotted out to the bottom of the tiles.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom