Joe APPLEBY HAS A QUESTION @ Stark bordered wilton rugs

Joe Appleby

Supportive Member
Name
Joe Appleby
I like the feel of this room.

Ok, I'll start.
Got a dirty 16X24 Stark bordered wilton. I know what we do with these.
What say YOU?

Last edited by a moderator:

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
all depends what type of wilton . How many frames (colors) does it have on the face in 1 row. Is it hand sewed or is it seamed taped. You might need to block it . You might not need to block it. I am a firm believer if you cant flush it out with water it is not very clean and sometimes these wiltons can be great or they can be a nightmare. Post a picture of the front and back. usually the dyes are pretty good. unless it has been pissed on and left there for a year or so.:lol:

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Geez Joe, Post a new thread huh?

Much easier to tack it out and hand clean it than fix it after you make it buckle. If it buckles badly, you could be better off taking it apart, blocking the pieces and remaking it.

The newer ones are hot-glued, not sewn, and have synthetic felt glued to the back to add a little more color to your vocabulary.

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
I make hand bordered stark or whomever rugs all the time. The correct way is to be .hand sewed. ..
There are reasons for this and that is do to construction

Joe Appleby

Supportive Member
Name
Joe Appleby
Just trying to get my fav new room stirring. Was that an old post Bryan ?

Ok, here's another.
What are you using for dog oil odor?
We're having success with masterblend's urinelock

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Just trying to get my fav new room stirring. Was that an old post Bryan ?
If a question is asked within a thread that has a different headline perhaps no one will see it.

I have a feeling you know this and are laughing at me by posting again inside another thread.

Harry, I'd agree with you, but the world may be changing. I met a fabricator at Surfaces that showed me the Stark labeled border rugs he made that were hanging in the Stark display area. All traditional Stark woven goods, they were very large, and made using a glue gun exclusively. He said he's been making rugs for Stark for over four years and has had no problems. The reason they were using synthetic felt instead of monk's cloth? It's cheaper. They save a couple of hundred bucks on a rug that sells for $10,000. I guess we should be happy an American was involved at all.

Just about any style of rug made anywhere can be had with the Stark label now, so they've become just another brand of rug wholesaler.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom