I've already fired 2 customers this year

Name
Jeff T
In a perfect world, every commercial account would pay within 30 days

those customers you fired were slow pay and also lousy accounts

in my case , it would be stupid to fire my 45-60day clients because the National parent company holds invoices

if you missed Brian Hanna’s post above , you should check it out
#this.
We would be DOWN 50-60% or gross in a year.
A guy should never run his business week to week...

This is a business of relationships, and playing the long game...

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
In a perfect world, every commercial account would pay within 30 days

those customers you fired were slow pay and also lousy accounts

in my case , it would be stupid to fire my 45-60day clients because the National parent company holds invoices

if you missed Brian Hanna’s post above , you should check it out
I agree with you and Brian’s comment. But keep in mind these accounts were only pocket change jobs compared to the $$$$ that Brian mentioned. Total waste of time and I took it as an insult, even though it’s just business. When these big corporations can’t allow the managers to spend petty cash on site...it’s not worth it.

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I agree with you and Brian’s comment. But keep in mind these accounts were only pocket change jobs compared to the $$$$ that Brian mentioned. Total waste of time and I took it as an insult, even though it’s just business. When these big corporations can’t allow the managers to spend petty cash on site...it’s not worth it.
I have the very same companies giving me $150 jobs as well as $1500 jobs. They all pay the same way. The amount has nothing to do with the pay cycle.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
You know, if someone informs you right from the get go how payment is scheduled, then you can decide if that’s the path you want to take. You can make adjustments based on the information your given. But, to have someone assume that you assume you’re in their court and you should be good with it, or they’re doing you a favor. Nope, nada, no can do.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I’ve pretty much worked for all the noted corporations here in Oklahoma in 30 yrs. (Not WalMart) After meeting with them on job scope, payment terms was always discussed. Always. As Matt said, most of the time if a manager knew his company was slow, they would usually put payment on Corporate credit card or petty cash. They would always tell me, we won’t go through the system.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Which goes to my point. That was an individual manager managing.
When I did Lowe’s I had credit card #s for each store that we would run the day of service.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom