It's time to expand, can you help me or help me find a mentor?

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Glides sales, just like carpet cleaning jobs go in waves.

All of a sudden you'll be cleaning a whole bunch of microfiber couches for a week or two or shit hole apartments or granite countertops or..

But the thing that shocks me is how many freaking glides are sell for the Prochem quad jet which seems to be on one the hell of a wave right now.

It's essentially nearly identical to the Sapphire Titanium 12-in, but literally twice it's weight.

It's virtually indestructible and has a incredible fan base.
It's the carpet cleaners choice for a zombie apocalypse

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Glides sales, just like carpet cleaning jobs go in waves.

All of a sudden you'll be cleaning a whole bunch of microfiber couches for a week or two or shit hole apartments or granite countertops or..

But the thing that shocks me is how many freaking glides are sell for the Prochem quad jet which seems to be on one the hell of a wave right now.

It's essentially nearly identical to the Sapphire Titanium 12-in, but literally twice it's weight.

It's virtually indestructible and has a incredible fan base.
I have a prochem quad. Built like a tank and just as heavy. Great back up wand though, it never breaks.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Greetings!!

I appreciate your time taking a look at my question.

I have had a Part-time Carpet cleaning business for over ten years. The last two years, I went full time. I have finally started to get to the point where I am asking the customers to either agree to be put on a waiting list or to call me back. This I describe as a "good problem", but I am loosing out on money. However, I am getting nervous, because I don't know how long this will last or if I am burning bridges with future potential customers or if I am playing games with my companies reputation. Don't get me wrong, I am not having people break down the door, but business is busy.

My problem

I lack business skills or the know how to run a business. I am fine and profitable and happy with me in my van, but beyond that, I have no clue how to handle a business. I read a couple of books, the best one was The E Myth Revisited. Great book. I started to put those practices into play, but I don't know how to go with hiring a staff (2 or 3 people). In particular, how I should pay them, what to supply them, what does the industry say.

If I get another truck and take into account all of my overhead, I don't feel it is worth the risk. Am I wrong on that?
Should I just work out a deal with someone with a 1099 and just break off a piece while they use all their supplies?

Questions
Does anyone know of any course or mentor I can follow to expand my business?
Does anyone know who I can reach out to and ask questions ?

I would really appreciate it.
Hire a young guy pay him good.

Train train train.

In other words do as you do.

Expect better.

Encourage.

But have 1 or 2 backup plans

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
I have a prochem quad. Built like a tank and just as heavy. Great back up wand though, it never breaks.
I lost 2 prochem quads wands. One sandblasted from the inside from using for years, a hole right at the top s bend. Every once in a while it would spit a drop of water up at me. Couldn't figure it out at first. Thought it was something with the valve, but actually wore a hole from the inside. I retired that wand.

The other one was a crazy story. Short driveway, just finished, my guy put wand out by truck. We go inside to grab more equipment and just so happens the garbage truck passes by. About 20 houses down the road we realized the wand was no where to be found. Yep, got picked up by the garbage truck and it was all over. Gone. Felt like I lost a friend.

By the way, anyone have an old pcqj wand handle I can buy? The old thin forged aluminum one?

Happy Memorial Day too. This is a great board and thanks for sharing info and helping me out. Off thru Monday now, then back to the grind.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom