It's a new day at Mikey's Board.com

Mikey P

Administrator
You’ve heard the rumors, you may or may not have seen the banner below but yes its true. This coming week, Mikey’s Board will start selling and placing Banner ads.

Your first response may be who cares! or I want my five dollars back or Mikey is a sell out! I’m willing to bet there will be more IDGAS's then the other responses but I’ll address them anyways.

So, why am I doing this?

Duh.

The income to be earned from banners at this point is something none of you would deny your families if you were in my position. MB has gone from a silly little project originally created by me so that I could have a place to keep my

BB addiction alive after being banned from ICS and the Blue Board to what is now that number one forum in this country. You’ve seen what is it’s become in less than two years and who can guess as to what it will be in another two years from now.

In the beginning of MB our slogan was the Board With No Advertiser Influence.

Again..

Duh…

What company in it’s right mind would have paid me to place a banner on what was originally nothing more than a blog from some loudmouth vegan freAk from California?
Now that MB has become what many call the Pulse of the Industry, I have them lining up out the door for a chance to advertise here. Imagine that…

A few have already begun to call me Mikey Kessler due to fears that MB will become just another ICS like forum where the advertisers are protected from criticism and negativity. Rest assure folks, it ain't gonna happen. I know what makes MB successful and I promise to keep it that way. It’s the everyday posters that have been around since day one that are not afraid to speak their minds. The very same guys who have all been banned off of ICS. It’s the goofy, off the wall comments, jokes, freedom of speech and dysfunctional family feel that brings all us cleaners together every day to learn and have fun. If at any point an advertiser does not like what they see happening here and asks me to edit or remove comments, they will be the ones asked to leave.

Part of the contract they will be signing will include these rules..

~ It is to be understood and agreed that any disputes between Mikey’s Board members and its advertisers are to be handled between the two parties either privately or on the Board. Mikey’s Board, it’s owner and its staff are not be called upon to settle arguments or disputes.
~ Mikey’s Board is a community of mostly Owner/Operated Carpet Cleaners. Advertisers should be aware the environment on the Board. One should be aware of the varied opinions, subjects, emotions and the direction they could go. It is recommended that the advertiser spend some time getting familiar with Mikey’s Board before committing to this contract.
~ Advertisers are encouraged to a have a member representative who spends time weekly participating to become part of the online community. Offering helpful advice and ideas on a verity of subjects will go far to help your companies success as an advertiser. The board’s members will most likely frown upon heavy-handed sales tactics. Familiarity is the key to your success as an advertiser; the Board’s members with you, and you with the other Board members.
~ Be aware that suppliers and manufactures are allowed to promote their products or services via threads/posts on the Board even if they are not advertisers. Again, heavy handed sales tactics are frowned upon by the Board’s members.
~ Mikey’s Board, it’s owner and its staff will not officially endorse any product or service at any point in time.

With that being said, all I can ask is you give me a chance to prove myself before you rip me a new one.

Now, concerning the Supportive Membership program. If you would like to continue to pay your $5 a month you can feel good about knowing that all funds collected will be used 100% to improve the Board. We have lots of things planned to make MB even better than it is. Training videos, product testing and real world reviews, online classes and so forth. Some compensation for supplies to the Moderators here who go above and beyond the call of duty would be nice as well. We will also advertise the board more aggressively to boost membership. Tuition for classes and helping a brother in need will also be a possibility. Most (if not all) of the funds to do these things will be coming from the Banner funds but if you feel like helping out, who am I to say no.

If you don't want o continue you can cancel your subscription through your Pay Pal account at any time. For those few of you that have paid for the year in full, thank you very much. I owe you a few beers at connections or the next Mikefest.
All existing Supportive Members will retain their privileges and in case you have not notice many regular posters who were not members were given full access in the last few days.
Now to become a Supporting Member you will have to do one of two things, hopefully both. Fill out your profile accurately and in full so we know whom we are giving advice to, or place at a minimum 50 posts so in essence the same thing happens. We want to know who you are and how you fit into things here. No one likes a phony. All applicants will be investigated by Jimmy Ladwig to see if you’re on the up and up.
If at this point in time you would like to gain SM privileges, go into your User Control Panel and request to join the group.

So there you go. Bash away, run away or continue to enjoy all that MB has to offer.
Personally I feel having Banners here from all the major players in our industry will help us in the short run. Banners will give this place more validity in the eyes of the IICRC and the Mills and that can only help to strengthen our voice.
I think you'll be surprised by what companies will be showing up.

Let me thank you all again for making Mikey’s Board the World’s Greatest Carpet Cleaning Forum.

Mikey.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
No problem here~ was surprised it didn't happen sooner with the success of the board. Good for you Mike for being forthright!

Ken

hogjowl

Idiot™
I'd like to say that I fully support Mikey's decision and completely understand his reasoning for doing so.

But, IDGAS so I'll not say anything.

hogjowl

Idiot™
David:

Things don't work that way around here. I was only joking. In fact, Mikey talked to me about this before it ll came down and I gave him my own, personal, IDGAS support and blessing.

Bob Foster

David, I think you ought to give us at Mikey's Board a little more credit for thinking on our own.

Almost from the beginning of MB we have been brainstorming what we can do with this board. It was evident from the first few months of its existence that we were on to a good thing so naturally we wanted to keep making it better. So that is exactly what we did and are continuing to do.

It might be a surprise to some but money we knew would come BUT our biggest concern was if we had the vision and commitment from people to build something even better.

So now that it appears we have the financial resources it puts even more expectation on the stakeholders of this board to deliver even better things, way better things.

We wish the Allen’s luck.

Bob Foster

Steven we are always open to suggestions. Yours is a very expensive time consuming one and highly unlikely to occur. I suggest you put a wireless notebook computer in the crapper then you can read MB all you want....... :lol:

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Not that it matters, but I just tune out the banners anyhow. And they are just part of the page.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
David Shope said:
The very things you accused the Allens at ***************s you are now doing. As a matter of fact, online traing,videos and reviews look like they we're copied right from their site.

Wrong, Dave.
we (the admins) discussed on-line training, vids, reviews, etc long ago.
Shortly after this board started, as a matter of FACT.
Now that the board has the potentual for making "real" money, funds should be available for such projects.

It would appear to me, that's it's *** that is trying to copy OUR success.
Not the other way around

David Shope said:
What I like about this board is the beer drinking, say whatever you want mentality. This will be gone now and I see why you will now be called Mikey Kessler, cause you will start banning and editing everything we say. Right?

time will tell, Dave.
But I'd suggest you're wrong again.
As long as there are guys like ME, Jimmy Ladwig, Marty and many others who aren't afraid to speak their mind, this board will continue to be the same.

And for the record, editing and bannings have always happened here.
Though rare, sometimes they're necessary due to the nature and "over the top" comments.
Indeed, those bannings and editing were never due to "manufacture" or "product" bashing.
That won't change.

..L.T.A.

G

What is with the justification?(filling a little schillish :lol: )relax Im just kidding!

Kevin

harryhides

Name
Tony
Steven Hoodlebrink said:
I'm not being sarcastic, but have you thought of doing a small magazine with some of the best posts from the previous month, and highlighting topics of interest. Or do it web based ?

Steve, your idea is what the original intent of the The Cleaner's Magazine - Articles, noteworthy threads, etc, was intended to be.
So if you'd like to volunteer some time to helping me pick out worthy threads to be added to this room, drop me a PM.

Once we have worked out some technical details to setting this Room up the way we'd like to, we will begin.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
David Shope said:
[quote="David Shope":1lm3v312]

OK. So if Hydramaster advertises here I can still call my machine Shitfire?
[/quote:1lm3v312]

I don't know why not.
(most of us that know the "word on the street" have known for some time Sputterfires have "issues" anyway)

Personal experience and knowledge "from the trenches" is the life blood of a quality BB.
My motto has always been,

"just call'em as you see'em"

..l.T.A.

Name
John LaBarbera
This is the third time I've try to post and it's not taking. I'm starting to develop a complex.

Congratulation Mikey. It's about time. This board provides a very valuable service to the industry and we all benefit. The talent posting on this board provides expertise and information that we can't find reading a book.

As far as selling advertising goes, I think it is a great way to go. Mikey puts a lot of time on this board and time is money. He should make a profit, that only fair. I sell machines for a profit, I like building them but I also like to eat. (bad habit) And no one can clean carpets for free all the time. We all have to make a living. Mytee plans to buy advetising here. As far as criticism goes, manf. and dist. have to be open to constructive critism so we can improve our product or service. And where else can you go to get honest opinion besides our wives. Just be fair in your comments they can influence a lot of people.

Way to go Mikey.

John

Name
John LaBarbera
Hi Terry,

I hope you are wrong. But it's the ad were paying for the criticism is FREE. Where would we be if there was no Mikey's Board? When I get criticized on other boards and I defend Mytee I get in trouble because I'm now selling my product. (and I bought an Ad) This board is "Grass Root" carpet cleaners, they don't need me it's really the other way around. That's what make Mikey's Board the Best.

John

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Mikey;

Mikey P said:
(1) It is to be understood and agreed that any disputes between Mikey’s Board members and its advertisers are to be handled between the two parties either privately or on the Board. Mikey’s Board, it’s owner and its staff are not be called upon to settle arguments or disputes.
(2) Again, heavy handed sales tactics are frowned upon by the Board’s members.
(3) Mikey’s Board, it’s owner and its staff will not officially endorse any product or service at any point in time.

Mikey.

1. I think most advertisers will immediately stop advertising, when publicly bashed on your board.
Advertising must have a good "rate of return" to be continued.

2. I think there are quite a few "heavy handed sales tactics" on this board already by members.
Some don't even utilize supplier ads.

3. This provision is not realistic for Mikey or the staff...

Larry Cobb

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
who cares mikey..you still have a huge head and think you are the shit..california freak
p.s. good job
nice to see hard work rewarded

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Interesting. You are moving away from member supported and *** is moving towards member supported.

I think that normally in the bb industry if a member pays to support the forum they get the option to turn off the banner adsor some other benefit that non-paying members don't get. My question is are you planning anything to make it worth it for a member to continue to pay? I mean besides just "feeling good about donating money"

The very things you accused the Allens at ***************s you are now doing. As a matter of fact, online traing,videos and reviews look like they we're copied right from their site. What I like about this board is the beer drinking, say whatever you want mentality. This will be gone now and I see why you will now be called Mikey Kessler, cause you will start banning and editing everything we say. Right?

Robert Allen lie's ever time he posts under his fake name of Keith Shaw on ICS. Tre lied when asked what he knew of Keith Shaw and Tre's response was that he "checked him out and he seems ok" when it is in fact his uncle. Until the Allens and be honest to MB then I say ban them.

Mikey P

Administrator
David IS Tre Allen.

Boy you should see the angry text messages I got from him today.

What Tre fails to realize is, features dont make for a successful Board. It's members do.

Sorry bud but it's time to move on to another Gamers site or perhaps a site to help those over come door to door rejection.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
Jim Rome was once a person who always said he would never sell out but as time went by he realized the money he was missing out on. I doubt I would walk away from the money either

Do what you have to do Mikey

Tre Allen asked me to be a moderator on his BB, I passed on it

Rule #3, does this mean you won't shill to get a free op machine

From what I hear, John LaBarbera is really taking to listening to what cleaner want. Good for you John it gets me to consider the Greenie M5 portable.

people can say what they want but you have some influnce in the industry

I hope suppliers like Scott W., Larry, John L, Greenie & Lisa, Judson, etc keep presenting their comments in the same way

can we bring back the spelling cow

If I make it to Connections you can buy me a Long Island

Mikey P

Administrator
Sorry but there is no spell checker for this Php.3 thing yet.

But your a fool for not using Mozilla Fire Fox as your browser.

Spell check built right in and no MS viruses.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
If any board can walk the fine line, it will be this board. The quality and generosity of the experts who share their hard earned knowledge so openly is the sign of a true professional. How can having banner adds stop that? It won't IMHO.

Mikey P

Administrator
You got it right Bill.

Look at the group of Administrators we have here.
Look at the quality of the every day posters.

Just can't be beat.

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
I am a fabric cleaner,have been one for 3 decades.I read ICS and Cleanfax and anything pertinent to our industry. I read different bbs to enhance myself and my company.

What you choose to do to your bb,is fine by me.As long as there is great info,and there is .I will be here.No more waiting each month for some new idea or article to read.Now information is at mine and others fingertips. Rule and govern wisely an you build an dynasty. If not time will implode it.

I anticipate you will do the first and never the last.Best of luck in your newest endeavour . Unify this industry,An you will have my support forever...

Nuf Said...Drive On...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom