Island Life...

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Cleaned on one of the larger lakes..

Owners of major dock and boatlift manufacturer.

My Helper... Retired guy cannot swim.

He was a little uncomfortable as the front of the all aluminum barge went into the air loading the van... And creaking noises.

Owners wife always says "I keep forgetting how heaving your van is!" LOL

That helped :)

20180806_093326.jpg Screenshot_20180806-114632_Maps.jpg Screenshot_20180806-114713_Maps.jpg 20180806_093356.jpg 20180806_093703.jpg 20180806_105600.jpg 20180806_093740.jpg

rick imby

Name
Rick
My father would growl at the parents of your helper that does not know how to swim. One of his friends that knew how to swim tried to save someone that was drowning. They were not far from shore but they both drowned because the non swimmer freaked out. Everyone should require their kids and grand kids learn to swim.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
my Mom was deathly afraid of water .
a fear that came from near drowning as a kid

She'd never get in a boat or wade past 3ft of water at a beach or pool
and was more than a little freaked out when we went swimming

Learning to swim wasn't easy for me.
and I still remember the day I learned to swim.
Donno how old I was ..maybe 8-9??? later than my cousins and most of my friends though

Trying for years to figure it out with no success and only frustration.
could deadman float with head in water, but couldn't locomote with head out :madder:

then one day "it just happened" instantly and out of nowhere .
Didn't do anything different than all my failed attempts before hand .
Couldn't do it, couldn't do it, couldn't do it, for years, then instant "BAM" now I can ..just like that

.L.T.A.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
My father would growl at the parents of your helper that does not know how to swim. One of his friends that knew how to swim tried to save someone that was drowning. They were not far from shore but they both drowned because the non swimmer freaked out. Everyone should require their kids and grand kids learn to swim.

How do you get that old and not know how to swim? Mark, time for some tough love.... Throw him in.

Totally agree, as a parent it should be required to teach kids to swim. Earlier the better.

Water can kill, not teaching them is just going to make life harder.

If parents cant swim or don't do water, send them to some flipping lessons.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
We just had a tourist drown here in a local lake. He was wading but stepped off a drop off and apparantly didn't know how to swim.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
When I was little, and we would go to the lake, my dad was a navy man, she was always
always grabbing me, grabbing me, till finally I’d had enough. I remember looking at her frustrated and telling her, “leave me alone, I can drown by myself”!!!

Brian H

Name
Brian H

Dang Mark, see if you can get me a discount!! I am looking at one of those exact lifts for my pontoon!! My friend across the lake has a FLOE lift and he loves it. I am working with a local dealer right now hoping to get a good price.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Brian H

Name
Brian H
As far as swimming... I don't ever remember not knowing how to swim. I grew up living not too far from the water and we were always swimming.

rick imby

Name
Rick
There’s some people that live in fear. My mother was one. Went through this life not swimming, which is one thing, But not driving either. All because of fear. I still can’t believe it!

After popping you out most anyone would be scared to death of life.... You have got to be the youngest child.....

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
While I know how to swim ............it's been so long now. Kind of like as you get older if I ran now I surely would stumble and fall. So I guess if I had to swim and save myself...............I would drown too.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom