Is there a gadget that this industry is missing?

Mikey P

Administrator
Do you find yourself thinking EVERY DAY "If only I had a________, this would go so much quicker or come out better..."

other than a two headed wand, what hasn't been invented yet?

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
An efficient air-powered vacuum attachment for TM use.
I have it designed, but may never build it.
I'm interested.
The TurboVacs last longer now that they have a real bearing in place of a bushing. (and you stick a weight over the brush) Still last about two years in our use.

There was a guy at a trade show several years ago surveying people about building a heavy duty metal version. He came back and said he'd have to get a $300 retail price to make it worthwhile. I said if it only lasted five years it would worth the money, but he couldn't find enough other potential buyers, so dropped the idea.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I'm interested.
The TurboVacs last longer now that they have a real bearing in place of a bushing. (and you stick a weight over the brush) Still last about two years in our use.

There was a guy at a trade show several years ago surveying people about building a heavy duty metal version. He came back and said he'd have to get a $300 retail price to make it worthwhile. I said if it only lasted five years it would worth the money, but he couldn't find enough other potential buyers, so dropped the idea.
Doesn't have to be metal, because the flaw isn't the turbine, but WHERE it's placed.
TMs have an abundance of airflow and lift, often overwhelming the turbine and moving parts.

1. Move the turbine OUT of the debris path.
2.Add a simple reed-type air governor to automatically maintain optimum brush speed.
3. All 2 inch plumbing.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
How about a free online IQ/Personality Test to evaluate new owners and techs?
Its called psychometric profiling, I've had to take more than a few.

We used to use them more for identifying stress response in personnel, ie my P.A's stress response was opposite to mine so she would often misinterpret what I meant and vice versa

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
A spotter dispenser built onto a wand with a trigger so that I don't have to set my wand down and hunt for my spotter bottles every time I run across a spot.

Reactions: Mikey P

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
A de-foamer canister attached to the wand, so you don't have to put the wand down to go get the de-foamer. Just open the valve and it sucks the liquid through the hose.

I made a goofy looking one that actually worked. It was just way too big because Home depot didn't have the right size pipe I needed to look half decent

Reactions: Old Coastie

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
The perfect furniture cleaning tool.
What's wrong with what you have?
The same excellent SS upholstery pro + the following:
  1. A head that is more narrowly designed so that it can reach under cushions. (In that regard both PMF and Shear dry are better).
  2. Upper vacuum slot closer to edge, so that we can get closer to fabric edges.
  3. A vacuum slot that will fit over and allow for better cleaning of piping. (PMF is great).
  4. A spray head in a recessed area on top of the tool (separate trigger), that will allow one to mist fabric when needed.
  5. The ability to lock the trigger lock (when cleaning in tight areas sometime it lock itself in the On position).
  6. A better metal trigger that is not sharp, does not easily band and if they still choose to use that cheap rubber piece at the end of the trigger, make it more durable and glue it well so it actually sticks.
It will make an already excellent tool into a legend :clap:

Last edited:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
A de-foamer canister attached to the wand, so you don't have to put the wand down to go get the de-foamer. Just open the valve and it sucks the liquid through the hose.

I made a goofy looking one that actually worked. It was just way too big because Home depot didn't have the right size pipe I needed to look half decent

Matt....let me say....i too bought de-foamer...for the 1st 10 or so years...
I was dumb. .......after that i never used a defoam of anykind AND never de-scaled anything.....and I run emulsifier all thru my system. ..
Go figger that now....
But i really wonder wth i even bother to. ..

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Matt....let me say....i too bought de-foamer...for the 1st 10 or so years...
I was dumb. .......after that i never used a defoam of anykind AND never de-scaled anything.....and I run emulsifier all thru my system. ..
Go figger that now....
But i really wonder wth i even bother to. ..
Educate the boy Bawb. I haven't used defoamer since I discovered Procyon.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Educate the boy Bawb. I haven't used defoamer since I discovered Procyon.

He don listen to me....i gotta laugh tho....about the thread on those cheapo pos portables for over 10k......i was selling bullet proof Steam Genies on here for 10 large.....
I can't figger most people out....

The whole world has went to hell in a hand basket

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom