Is our industry considered a Trade?

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
Is our industry considered a Trade like plumbers and electricians or maintenance / cleaning / service / other labor ?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I'm seriously thinking of doing that. I guess I'll need to find an up to date curriculum. And market to the surrounding counties that don't want to drive to the big dealers to get certified.

Try to pop my little idea bubble, I dare you!

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Looks like it might work.

029411CA-8FA4-446D-96FB-EB540DFEC275.jpeg

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
It is a trade, but more importantly it is making you a business owner, not just a laborer.

Now the business owner can either be the biz owner and sole employee, or you can hire help and be a biz owner (CEO) and a trades-person.

Reactions: Cleanworks and DAT

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Insurance companies will consider cleaning a trade when they require a minimum of three trades on a job before they will pay any O&P.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
When I think "trade", I think skilled tradesman... ie: electrician, plumber, hooker. Not a job you can learn in a face-paced 8-16 hours.

That's just me... I consider myself more of a salesman than a tradesman.

Reactions: FB7777

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
When I think "trade", I think skilled tradesman... ie: electrician, plumber, hooker. Not a job you can learn in a face-paced 8-16 hours.

FDA must stand for fuking dumb ass.

• Haha
Reactions: hogjowl

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Anyone can pick up a hammer and say they're a carpenter. Anyone can pick up a wand and say they're a carpet cleaner. Neither statement is necessarily true.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Anyone can pick up a hammer and say they're a carpenter. Anyone can pick up a wand and say they're a carpet cleaner. Neither statement is necessarily true.
Yeahhh but honestly how difficult is it to be carpet cleaner?

And to be a great one? Just prevacuum, groom and you're in the top 1%. 🙂

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
correct.

and don't get all weird. You can believe you're a skilled expert if you'd like. I'll keep training dummies to clean carpet and wow customers with almost no training.
Got a training manual " how to train dummies in two weeks and line the cash in your pocket" ya wanna share?

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Got a training manual " how to train dummies in two weeks and line the cash in your pocket" ya wanna share?
yeah, just show them how to choose the right pre-spray and spotters, fire up the Tm or whatever your flavor is, work a few jobs with them and you've got yourself a skilled tradesman.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
It's easy to train guys how to operate the unit, vacuum, prespray, scrub, rinse, etc. It's a lot more difficult to train them to notice when the unit isn't working properly, when and how to remove stains, what to clean, what not to clean, with what product, etc. Chavez has been around so long, he's forgotten more than most of us will ever learn. Like a lot of you here, I have invested in multiple courses, learned from other skilled professionals, practiced stain removal on scraps or my own carpets. Learned how and why certain chemistry works on different carpets and fabrics. How to properly use the equipment and accessories. Learned why some carpets buckle and why others don't. There are so many aspects of the carpet and upholstery cleaning industry and related fields to learn. You are not going to learn them in a day, a month or even a year. Guys working for the big franchises and the like are not tradesmen. They are trained chimps. Monkey see, monkey do. If monkey does doo doo, call the manager to make it right. Guys who take their craft seriously, are tradesmen. We have lots of tradesmen on this forum and a few monkeys too. You be the judge, are you a tradesman or are you a trained ape?

Back
Top Bottom