Is it normal for our invoices to sometimes not reach the customer's email?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I've had this problem several times off an on over the last few years and I'm a bit frustrated. It doesn't even reach their spam folder. I'll send the invoice via email, and they don't receive it. 60days later, I'm reaching out to them and they never received it. I've contacted SM about this and they tell me that they can see it sent on their end, but my customers have not record of receiving it.

Have any of you had this problem?

I'm fed up with SM

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Customers lie.
I emailed a customer an estimate through SM with no problem. But when I email the invoice they claim they didn't receive it.

This customer has used this story several times, even when I handed him a paper copy.

• Angry
Reactions: Nomad74

FredC

Village Idiot
can you CC yourself when sending?

Doesn't really prove they received it but show that it is going out. After that no reason it shouldn't land in their box somewhere unless they have additional filters.

Mikey P

Administrator
But I'm well aware of the situation through service monster whether using their server or your own. But I use as an excuse to check back in with the customer 3 days after sending it just to make sure it didn't go to their spam box, which unfortunately is off in the case

Reactions: Shorty and BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.

Doesn't really prove they received it but show that it is going out. After that no reason it shouldn't land in their box somewhere unless they have additional filters.
I’ll start including my other email address as well when I send it out. Thanks for the tip

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Sometimes my business e-mails have been held up by a firewall until a human tech lets them pass. A previous ISP had a hold folder that I was responsible for checking, which would have been nice to know. I found out when they told me the folder was full.

You can always send them a follow-up e-mail. :icon_twisted:

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville

I also BCC a copy to myself.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I don't think that's a guarantee, I've been sending vendor purchase orders through QuickBooks email program and they're not showing up either
Sometimes, when payment is not received within 7 days, I contact the client & ask if they received the invoice. Several times, (I don't now why), the invoice has gone straight into the trash/spam bin, as a scam email, so to speak. Everyone has paid that day.

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
I use two different CRMs and one of them sends me notifications when my email is opened each time. I like it cause sometimes I will follow up shortly after the open it

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I use two different CRMs and one of them sends me notifications when my email is opened each time. I like it cause sometimes I will follow up shortly after the open it
Is there a way I can set that up on SM where I’ll know when they open it?

Chris A

Name
Chris
Yes I did. Once we switched our email to a dedicated account hosted through GoDaddy it has largely been fixed. Our other emails were yahoo and Gmail and both had issues with outgoing emails in SM. The worst was when we'd quote a job and the customer would call a week later asking where it was...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom