Is it just me, or are ceilings fans scary?

steve_64

I trust this one because I installed it. I'd rather run the central air though.
KIMG0390.jpg

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
My fear has been forced back in me

I go to pull the stupid little chain, and got the sh#% shocked out of me. That pain went from my hand to my shoulder. And while that weapon, I mean ceiling fan, started spinning, it was wobbling worse than Marty trying to do a strip dance at a bachelorette party.

Reactions: Nomad74

Rob Grady

Name
Rob Grady
Situational awareness....turn the fan light on as soon as you enter the area. Who hasn't been conked by one?
I had an old fella turn the light off every time I looked away. He was what you might say as 'close to the dollar'.
I threatened to walk if he wouldn't leave it on.He did, but deducted $1.00 from my invoice amount. True Story.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I don’t turn fans on, but I do check the blades for looseness.
When finished I suggest the owner turn fans on because “evaporation is your friend.”

Curse you, Matt, for the mental image of Marty. I might throw up a little; haven’t decided between aiming for the sofa or the cat.

• Haha
Reactions: BIG WOOD
Name
jack zerkie
Most fans have two directions some people reverse the fans so thy do not blow down in the bed room. Many years past I would change the switch on the fan to blow down. and if the fan had load of dust it would make amess on the bed and the floors. Now I just leave things alone on most of my doublewide without the wheel jobs alone and the carpets dry ok. jz.

Reactions: hogjowl and Nomad74

rick imby

Name
Rick
Low hanging...
I'm 6'3---I used to be 6'4" but I have hit enough solid objects that should not be there with my head I have lost an inch.

Two different basements I was running out of and I hit the top of my head on the overhead obstruction. I have been knocked out twice. One basement was one of my rentals and I called up my contractor and told him I needed a new stairway because this one is going to be torn out. I wanted to burn the place down---

While going up and hitting right on top of the head is extremely painful.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom