Ink removal

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
Seriously not all ink is created equal, just cause you got lucky on a sofa and thought you were a hero.

I had a small drop in carpet explode ended up patching it.

You can see the size of the ink spot in the pad.

View attachment 115320 View attachment 115321
been there done that . many times, sometimes even getting rid of the saturated pad with a piece from a closet. those tiny specks can be murder.
been told , that a broken pen lay in the same spot for a long time. draining the ink through the back , into the pad, lurking there waiting for an unsuspecting carpet cleaner trying to be a hero!

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
The wiser I get the lazier I become. Chemeister was the bomb for me....slowly put on then rinse. Done.
I wish I had bought a few cases right after they shut down and JD had it in stock....D’Oh.....Homer Simpson moment.
miss them, used a bunch of their stuff... blood eraser, etc,
The "ink eraser" if you read the label and follow all instructions(as all carpet cleaners do!:biggrin:) was not to be used on olefin, it dissolved it! to bad it was not in the IICRC manual to be used as an identifying agent to test fibers. !!! like formic acid for nnylon.

Yep those were the days, when , if you picked up the phone, there was actually someone there to answer your query and lend some helpful information.

another one I used was Jinx Ink, gotten at dry cleaner supply

Reactions: SamIam
Back
Top Bottom