Infrared Cameras vs Meters

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Now that prices on Thermography IR cameras are coming down in price seems like a good time to get one.

Are restorers using just their IR cameras for inspections with water damages?

I've seen guys in the house inspection business using these cameras, they charge for the inspection but don't use any other meter devices. Would it be the same for water damage guys or are there things that cannot be done with an infrared camera that you'd need the other meters/detection devices for.

Are all IR cameras the same for someone that would just use it for water losses?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Camera measure temperature differential, so corners of the room, missing insulation, any cooler spots will show up as possible moisture.

I wouldn't rely on any one meter if you want to be sure.

We use thermal to lead us to possible areas then a nondestructive and intrusive probes to confirm moisture or dryness.

Thermal cameras will save you time, make you look more professional and lead you to moisture you could have missed.

If you're doing enough WDR work to afford one I'd get one.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
We have the meters now, but were thinking of getting the infrared for what Richard speaks of. I think it will deff set you apart as far as perception goes.

Now trying to decide which camera to go with.

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
We use ours on almost all losses. It's for our benefit to insure we locate every possible wet area. We don't charge for it. It's actually a relatively small investment compared to having problems down the road from moisture not found and having to deal with that problem. I would never use the camera as a stand alone moisture detector.

Back
Top Bottom