Image of Van vs Trailer

ImperialCC

Name
Jason McCurry
I have moved from a portable to a Judson TNT in a semi-ratty trailer. TNT works like a dream, Little Giant piping hot. My question is the perception of me pulling up to clean in this trailer that is not very cosmetic in appearance towed behind a 2018 Platinum Toyota Sequoia. Carpets are clean and have been getting referrals by word of mouth and as busy as I want to be just starting out. When should I consider having this Judson installed in a vehicle or should I? I have considered getting a Cleanco and van and keep the trailer in reserve. I only paid $5K for the trailer and the Judson. Have already made my money back on the investment. Not really wanting to start a debate slide in vs direct drive. More curious if I should continue on with my current equipment till I can pay cash for a van and the move or a van and the direct drive. Am I lacking in my image with trailer? My hoses are a mismash of colors also, makes me think I look pieced together. Opinions? Maybe just go to Lexington KY and get me a Phoenix! Cheaper than the van and moving the Judson and will fit in my Seqouia.

EC7E67C9-1A26-4A63-908E-3EDB3B2A6B4E.jpeg 4F35E13C-2547-4C66-9322-5DE73700E745.jpeg FC9DC63E-8026-4782-A859-0E647EABFA76.jpeg

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I have moved from a portable to a Judson TNT in a semi-ratty trailer. TNT works like a dream, Little Giant piping hot. My question is the perception of me pulling up to clean in this trailer that is not very cosmetic in appearance towed behind a 2018 Platinum Toyota Sequoia. Carpets are clean and have been getting referrals by word of mouth and as busy as I want to be just starting out. When should I consider having this Judson installed in a vehicle or should I? I have considered getting a Cleanco and van and keep the trailer in reserve. I only paid $5K for the trailer and the Judson. Have already made my money back on the investment. Not really wanting to start a debate slide in vs direct drive. More curious if I should continue on with my current equipment till I can pay cash for a van and the move or a van and the direct drive. Am I lacking in my image with trailer? My hoses are a mismash of colors also, makes me think I look pieced together. Opinions? Maybe just go to Lexington KY and get me a Phoenix! Cheaper than the van and moving the Judson and will fit in my Seqouia.

View attachment 107812 View attachment 107813 View attachment 107814
Don't worry about your image until you can afford something better. A lot of customers don't even see your equipment and those who do don't know what they're looking at half the time. A van will look cleaner and more professional but wait until you can afford one.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Opinions?

you were bringing in a porty before.
Using their tub or sink for water and dumping swill down their toilet.
and you're concerned a trailer doesn't "look" good??

and as busy as I want to be just starting out.

then you damn sure don't need another TM to parked in your drive

spend a few hunnert on new hoses and solution lines.
Clean up the trailer and put a few hunnert in lipstick on it.

..L.T.A.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I built a good reputation around here pulling a trailer for 14years. Just make sure it's clean inside and out and be well groomed yourself as well. Your customers will see the value in that just as much. When your income grows to a level when it's time to either Pay a huge amount in taxes or invest in your business...then consider buying a nice van. But if you're still growing and could use the money on other things in life, then you know the answer to that. Keep us up to date on how well your business goes.👍

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I'll add

you'll get sick and tired of dragging that trailer around.
(you won't know it though til you get a van)
You'll want a van eventually.

If the TnT proves reliable for you, forget about a DD....cause for $10-15k, all you'll get in a DD is a tired worn out horse that will nickle and dime you to death....or soon look uglier than your trailer

..L.T.A.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
More curious if I should continue on with my current equipment till I can pay cash for a van and the move or a van and the direct drive.
Depends on what kind of growth you can handle and what type of customer you're after. Restaurants/rentals? Don't worry about it. Those customers might actually distrust someone with a nice van. Higher end residential and business customers absolutely notice the statement your vehicle makes.

More curious if I should continue on with my current equipment till I can pay cash for a van and the move or a van and the direct drive.
Could you make more money per hour with less hassle in a new rig? Will it advance the branding of your company? If your business is solid, go for it.

Am I lacking in my image with trailer? My hoses are a mismash of colors also, makes me think I look pieced together. Opinions?
The only pic from the outside front isn't the worst, but you're already questioning whether showing up with mismatched truck and trailer makes you look like a gypsy. It does. Matching, lettered trailer and tow vehicle can look as good as any van though, and I can't imagine it would cost much to paint a trailer to match your tow vehicle.

Again, where are you trying to go with the business? If it's just a job to pay the bills you can follow the advice that image doesn't matter. If you want to build a business that will make real money sooner - start building your brand image ASAP.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
The good thing about pulling it with a Toyota is reliability. My wifes Four Runner is about to hit 400,000 miles. If you buy a Chevy van you are doing good if she's running at 225,000.

And if the Toyota were down for any reason you could still work using another vehicle.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom