I think the chemicals are getting to me

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I post something and leave out details, obviously have a problem with basic math in my head

I strip a floor and depression bothers me for days

I notice that I am developing some short term memory problem, walk out of the house and get to the truck and can't remember if I locked the front door and have to go back and check

Driving down the road and pass the exit I need to take

Have left the gate open a few times and had to go looking for the dog

I gave the customer the bill, they pay and I leave the check on their counter

I am getting more sleep then I have in years and actually fell very good

Mike says he has a cough all the time. I have a friend, ex carpet cleaner, that has ALS and I wonder if that help cause his problem

I have heard of carpet cleaners cough and I have cut out the butyls where ever possible

life is just as busy as usual, maybe that is all it is. Haven't been to the Dr in years, maybe I should go for a checkup

any one else have some of theses stupid problems, I never thought turning 43 would be this bad

Hey!! Im only 26 and do those things that youve just mentioned on a daily basis. Maybe its just your imagination...BUt it wouldnt hurt to go get checked up.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I'm 49 and was sorta laughing to myself that it sounded to me like you might be just experiencing your welcome into old age.

But, on the other hand, you kinda sound like my 16 year old son, too.

So it might be either ... or ... whatever ...

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I sometimes go out to the truck and...........................ahh

What was your question?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I know a few other people in Idaho and from what I understand that is pretty normal......

The_Tattter_by_Tatter_tot.jpg

Attachments

• The_Tattter_by_Tatter_tot.jpg
    The_Tattter_by_Tatter_tot.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 235

JohnnyV

48 here and that sounds pretty normal to me. My memory did get worse after my open heart surgery tho. Its a condition they call "Pump Head". I think maybe its because my already tiny brain was deprived of oxygen.....Hmmm that don't explain the wifes troubles tho.

Eric S

I think the proper terminology for this symptom is called 'brain flatulence. Could be what JohnnyV describes as lack of oxygen to the brain. From what I understand, as we age, our brain shrinks, and as it shrinks, it expels the empty spaces we have in our head, causing said flatulence. I'm almost positive you can look it up on the web, but it can't be cleaning chemical related, because cleaning agents used are safer than most of the stuff found under the customers kitchen sinks.

Eric

Greenie

If I stripped a floor I'd be depressed too.

Actually, at 37 I have all of the above symptoms as well, I guess we're screwed.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I had many of those symptoms and just figured it WAS from chemicals.
Most notably, THC.
The chem in pot that makes you high.
I would only get depressed though, during dry times when good bud wasn't available and I had to smoke stems or gooey resin balls I scraped out of my pipes.

When the problems continued long after I quit being a regular pot head, I now blame it on biting lead spit shot on the line while fishing

..L.T.A.

Audra

You could have something out of whack your potassium level or something weird like that that is causing your problem...don't know if potassium would cause it but just trying to give you an example of other things that may be out of level in your body that cause you to forget things.

With chemicals...we try to always use things that are safe because we have to breathe them too...not just our clients. I don't like Butyls (I cannot use them...the smell is so bad to me) & personally don't want to have health problems from just not caring about what I clean with over time. There are things that can have affects on you later in life so try & think about your products you use. You never know even one that is safe may have something that affects you WHO KNOWS. Just try & be responsible in your choices of products for you & you clients & their pets too.

You use floor strippers & you should limit your exposure or use a respirator.

I would say just have a checkup with your Doc!!!

Name
Steve Lawrence
I recommend a good series of colonics to detox your colon and put into motion a natural healing cycle. I also like accupuncture a lot. Accupuncturists can target specific ailments and get your body back in a normal state.

And try some different chems.

maker

Drinking more water could help.

Some of the first signs of dehydration are depression and fatigue.

Also, my neighbors job requires him to take classes in chemical safety. He was told drinking a lot of water when you work around chemicals is a good idea. The idea is that your constantly flushing yourself not giving chemicals a chance to stay in you and do damage.

Note: soda and coffee will dehydrate you.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I forget all kinds of stuff. I think it's just from having too much going on. Being a kid was much easier.

GRHeacock

Maybe you are like me- my brain is totally full.

In order to learn something new, I gotta forget something old.

Then I forget what I forgot, and wondered where it went.

Where was I? Ummmm.... I forget.

Gary

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
One thing you mentioned Steve is something I can relate to too...

"I strip a floor and depression bothers me for days "

I found that when I'd strip a floor with strippers containing a lot of butyl I would get into a terrible mood, by the next day it would clear up. At first I thought it was just stripping floors that accounted for my mood change (I hate stripping floors). But after 20+ years of floor striping I've learned that my thinking is affected by this toxic concoction. I can literally feel the change come over me when I'm exposed to certain types of stripper. With floor stripping we're inhaling HUGE amounts of airborne chemical fumes - it obviously can affect the system. Considering that kids will huff glue and solvents to get high, it stands to reason that inhaling strong chemical fumes (for a few hours at a time) can have an adverse affect on our mind too. Caution is in order!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom