I now am a rug G-U-R-U...

Bob Foster

The mere sight of me causes a Tabriz to levitate.

I just wand my finger at a dirty Yomud and dust rises up from it in a tornado and leaves out the door.

Pottery Barn rugs run and hide in fear for their very existence.

Stay tuned for the webinar....

DSC03333.jpg

DSC03332.jpg

Half strength out of the bottle
DSC03337.jpg

DSC03334.jpg

Pembertons's Prochem Upholstery Tool to the canvas edge
DSC03340.jpg

Bob Foster

Poured half-strength hydrogen peroxide on it. Scrubbed with a tamping brush with the grain and then used my foot with a terry towel to pick up the moisture and immediately put a couple of Baby Air Kings on it to dry it out.

Later in the day after the spots on the field were treated and dried I worked on the canvas edge I used a light dilution of Judson Juice as a prespray and the same tamping brush to lightly scrub the canvas and then used a Prochem upholstery tool to extract and dry stroke the daylights out of it and then put the fans on it.

1st webinar will be how you can get 6 dollars a square foot with only a brush and a $2 bottle of hydrogen peroxide. Be the first in your area to enjoy hidden margins with no competition. :lol:

Bob Foster

The Great Oz said:
Come to Vancouver Bob. You show what you did and I'll give you my speaking fee.

Some day I would like to take a course from you personally. And I will never forget what a substantial and professional operation DA Burns is. That was a very wonderful day I spent touring your rug plant and facility.
You know darn well I took a risk. But I decided to do so because it was 80% condemned when I took it out the door of the client's place as they were ready to throw it away.

Quite frankly, I got really lucky even though I used some common sense and experience. I did ever so slightly bleach the spots out but not enough to be unacceptable. If I ever did attempt to do that again I would have cut the dilution down to 1/4 strength rather than 1/2 strength. I deliberately did not chase the hydrogen peroxide out with water in case I left water marks. Ihink even an alcohol spray afterwards would pull even more moisture out of it quicker. I dried it as fast as I could.

I know enough about rugs to basically know which ones I can't do.

I check for running
I check for crocking
I concern myself with dimensionally stability
And I run from ANY fabric with Pottery Barn or Ikea on it.
I hate doing fringes but I will do them.

I respect rugs and never take their makeup for granted. I prefer to spot test most rugs. Never ruined a rug,....yet.

I know what to sub out and what to have nothing at all to do with and which ones I will do.

And for sure I'm know who around this board and my reagion really knows what they are talking about when it comes to rugs and those who think they know what they are talking about and put on a good show.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Bob Foster said:
Poured half-strength hydrogen peroxide on it. Scrubbed with a tamping brush with the grain and then used my foot with a terry towel to pick up the moisture and immediately put a couple of Baby Air Kings on it to dry it out.

Later in the day after the spots on the field were treated and dried I worked on the canvas edge I used a light dilution of Judson Juice as a prespray and the same tamping brush to lightly scrub the canvas and then used a Prochem upholstery tool to extract and dry stroke the daylights out of it and then put the fans on it.
:

Bob,
Doing the canvas edge,did you just dry vacuum the Judson juice or did you rinse extract?

Also, in one of the pictures it looks like the corner was curling a little, did it or was it just due to the air mover blowing on it?

How did you do the entire rug?

Bob Foster

It will be a Grabon deal. You give my your money and I will Grabon on to it. :lol:

I rinse extracted the Judson Juice. I never cleaned the rest of the rug. The corner was curled previoulsy but will go under some furniture anyway.

I will never do another one.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Pleased to hear that you didn't badger it to death. shiteatinggrin

Using groupon also would have helped stay those corners.

Turn upside down, lay Tyvek down, get Groupon it, preferably heavy men.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom