I need some help with my SS 570

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
So, since I've never had to do any repairs on this machine, I really don't know a whole lot about it. Recently the water temp has taken a dump. The first thing I thought was maybe the thermostat might need to be replaced, but I'm wondering if there are any other things that would cause the machine not to produce hot water. The diverter is ALWAYS open and the radiator cap is barely warm. Any thoughts?

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
@Doug Cox Why is your divertor always open? Are you using high heat antisieze on the shaft? If you have had the machine for a while check the vac tubes going to the mac valve, maybe cracked or loose. There is one running from the blower inlet side to the mac valve and then running from the mac valve to the diverter valve.

Reactions: SamIam

SamIam

Name
sam miller
My switch’s went bad on mine low med high that made to where the bimba didn’t move

Mikey P

Administrator
If Doug's Bimba is moving I can't imagine how he isn't getting heat, with out noticing a large leak

Last edited:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
If Doug's Bimba is moving I can't imagine how he isn't getting heat work out noticing a large leak

The machine isn’t producing heat because the bimba is stuck on in and not heating.

I manually unhooked the hoses to the bimba and pushed it away from the blower. And it got hot.

The problem with this is you can’t let it sit or it will eventually get to hot.

Then your 165 temp valve runs the risk of getting premature wear and leaks.

It really is a simple machine besides the switch’s and electronics that cause the moving parts to work.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I've been corresponding with Justin from Legend. Working through one thing at a time. I think the diverter is always open because the water temps don't get hot enough to close it. I'm wondering if the problem might be an air block in the cooling system because the water pump has been weeping water. I do get occasional hot water and when I do, the radiator cap on the motor is hot. When the temps suck, the cap is warm at best.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
7A7FB702-26BF-42A3-BA29-03341C1B2560.jpeg

@Wandslinger ya over 3000

Reactions: BIG WOOD

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Ps my bimba got stuck took it in for repairs on a slow day I thought it was a Mac valve, but it was a switch.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Sam- I have never taken my machine in to be fixed. I do it myself so it is done right.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Also I’ve owned the machine 3 years when I bought it, the place I bought it couldn’t fix it.

They’re much better with these machine now.

Empire hired one of Sapphire best guys and he knows these machines in and out.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Done right but you don’t know where to start?

How’s that working out for you?
I know perfectly well where to start. I thought maybe someone could pinpoint the problem. I've NEVER paid someone to fix my machines and I've been doing it for 35 years with no need for a backup machine. Not an emergency situation since the machine will maintain 195 degrees. Just generally slow with the heat coming up.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I know perfectly well where to start. I thought maybe someone could pinpoint the problem. I've NEVER paid someone to fix my machines and I've been doing it for 35 years with no need for a backup machine. Not an emergency situation since the machine will maintain 195 degrees. Just generally slow with the heat coming up.

That’s the hard part knowing where to start. I thought I knew but was wrong.

That’s where a good voltage tester and knowing how to test will save you money and time.

Sorry Doug I thought you said in the original post you weren’t familiar with the machine and needed help!

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I'm not familiar with the 570 in respect to repairing it because in 3 years I haven't had to do anything to it, but I'm plenty familiar in how a truck mount operates.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom